jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

RESOLVED : Can't edit my hubs

1. ifirdous profile image87
    ifirdousposted 4 years ago

I am trying to edit my hubs and it is not working.  Tried on  two different browsers  IE  and chrome cleared cookies restarted the computer.. still no luck.  can anybody help??????

1. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I just had a go on Chrome and it works OK for me, though Matt M is much better at troubleshooting these things. He'll have a look as soon as he gets in!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@ifirdous  Sorry to hear you are having problems editing your Hubs content.
      When you say it "is not working" what specifically are you encountering issues with?  Are you getting an error message of some kind?
      Usually cookies don't have much effect on site issues, but clearing your browser cache might fix some things.

If you have a specific error or detailed issue, we can do some further research to determine what the issue might be.

Here are some general tips to try.

Clear your browser cache.
      Reboot your computer.
      Does the issue persist with a different browser like Firefox 19?

Without further detail my guess would be the issue is related to your browser, computer, and/or network connection.

Here are some further browser troubleshooting steps:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

ifirdousposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply Mathew.
        Actually, this is what is happening, when I click on the edit button I only see the wheel and at the bottom of the screen it says "waiting for hubpages.com...." and the page doesn't load at all.  I cleared the cache, rebooted the computer,  updated chrome but its still the same.

1. poetvix profile image76
          poetvixposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the exact same problem.  It's only on one specific hub that is yet to be published.  I tried on Internet Explorer and on Firefox, neither would work but both worked on other hubs.  It just started last night.  I don't know what's up.  Like you, I have done the history dumps and cache clears but to no avail.  If you figure it out, I would love a heads up.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75

Can you please provide the title of the specific Hub with which you are having problems?

1. poetvix profile image76
              poetvixposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It was this one...
              http://poetvix.hubpages.com/hub/POTUS-S … an-Acronym
              But, it is working fine now.
              I have to say, HubPages is fast about jumping on problems.  Love it!

Glad to hear the issues are no longer affecting your Hub!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75

@ifirdous
          We had some issues over the weekend that it appears have since been resolved.
          Are you still having problems editing your Hubs?

ifirdousposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mathew 
            The problem has been resolved. Everything is working fine now.

Glad to hear you are up and working!

2. Bishop55 profile image91
    Bishop55posted 4 years ago

Same here.  I'm getting a error message.  It seems to only be happening on the hub I'm working on.  go figure.

If you are still having problems with your Hub, could you provide the title and/or URL foe the specific Hub?  We can then do some additional research.

3. francisassissi profile image60
    francisassissiposted 4 years ago

I have been with that problem before. As soon as problem arise, normally, I am always alert and do everything I can to solve the problem.

Try these options:
    1. Check the JavaScript update. Sometimes java function badly and needs to be updated to tune all applications well.
    2. Uninstall your browsers and then update your browsers.
    3. Check the zooming of your browser. There were times when I was looking for the buttons and end up zooming in too much hide the buttons around.
    4. Restart your PC.
    5. Clear all history and cache, including cookies of your browser.
    6. Disable addons or extensions on your browsers that may affect the proper running of HP applications.
    7. Update your Windows OS.
    8. Reformat Windows OS if you haven't reformat it for 6 months.
    9. Chrome browser is the best for HP applications.
    10. Check  your internet connection. Many times I have tried that if you have slow internet, HP page won't load completely and an error message will display.

I hope you can find the answer to your problem.

working