Traffic Sources?

Jump to Last Post 51-80 of 80 discussions (127 posts)
  1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

The way I look at it those sites are there to share web content, I don't think the simple fact you were the one who wrote it should have any bearing on that.

2. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

The creators just have a different view than you.........i have the same opinion as you, my only concern is taking advantage of all options to generate more traffic and hopefully more income, I could care less of what the original intentions are...things change, LOL, ...but it is common and likely to get your account, IP or even an entire website banned if one doesnt learn the techniques to get around such restrictions.

One simple way- would to create a forum thread dedicated to bookmarking eachothers hubs -similar to the twitter train that recently rode through town

Hey I love your hubbed "eat cat food" i marke dit on SU as being great, have you read my hub "eat dog food" hint..hint..

3. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

what do you mean by blind voting?

1. WHoArtNow profile image82
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Voting on someone's link (digging it, stumbling it, voting it up on mixx etc etc) without at least clicking through to the article. It pushes up the score. I know people do it, and there are times when someone will send me a shout and I don;t have time to read it and I will vote it up. But try not doing it to many.

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

my HP traffic sources..

hubpages
    google.com
    search.yahoo.com
    google.co.uk 
    google.ca 
    google.co.in 
    mail.yahoo.com   

and google analytics lists ask.com, msn, images.google, and couple email fans.

1. profile image0
      multimasteryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah me too. I have been getting regular traffic from International type Google searches like India and others as well.  I sure wish they had a language translator button on this site, because I'm sure many visitors may not understand English too well.  A language translator button can easily increase our traffic and readership.  If this feature is here on Hubpages I sure haven't seen it.

5. LondonGirl profile image80

I've not done that -  who knows what I might be voting up LOL

But surely Digg et al couldn't tell whether or not you've read something?

If you Digg something but don't click the link, then they have to assume you haven't read it.

But yeah, you need to be careful what your digging up, especially with how badly some people label their submissions!

6. profile image0
    Direxmdposted 15 years ago

1. Hubpages
    2. Google
    3. MSPlinks

Man I have had a huge drop in visits the past few days, traffic is down big time.  For some reason one of my articles totally disappeared from Google--I found that very odd.  I haven't gotten any spikes, but Google is beginning to kind of kick in with page visits.  I have yet to get at least five visits from Yahoo! and Digg is lagging big time.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What ? You mean compared to the 6 days you have been here? lol

Patience dude. big_smile

7. LondonGirl profile image80

who are you on digg?

8. profile image0
    Direxmdposted 15 years ago

I go by the same alias on Digg - Direxmd big_smile

9. LondonGirl profile image80

I've added you

10. reagu profile image64
    reaguposted 15 years ago

My traffic sources are

1) Yahoo
    2) Google
    3) Hubpages
    4) MSN
    5) IMDB

1. bgpappa profile image78
      bgpappaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

IMDB?

1. profile image0

Yeah I was thinking the same thing IMBD?? Please fill us in!

11. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

Man! Ask.com is starting to Blaze with traffic for me.  I've noticed since I've created an account with them and started shooting them bookmarks the traffic has really gotten steady.

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you bookmark using their toolbar? Or do you do something else also?

1. profile image0

Nope I use the Power of the Button!
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Powerful-Social … g-Software

12. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

IMDB - internet Movie Data Base www.imdb.com

Like wiki but for films/

13. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

Right, but how do you get traffic from IMDB? I am new to this so just wondering what others are doing that works.  Thanks.

14. WHoArtNow profile image82
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

I think if you have something film related, and someone posts a link, maybe in the forums section, then it'll draw traffic to your site. Some of my best traffic has come from forums I've never been to.

If people like your articles and think others will, or maybe they want to start a discussion around it, they will post it.

Think of it at 21st century word of mouth advertising. Free and great big_smile

1. BristolBoy profile image61
      BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have had a few visits from forums etc and the other great bonus is that they should hopefully help teh hub appear higher in the search results, especially if like mine they have relatively high pageranks.

15. johnb0127 profile image62
    johnb0127posted 15 years ago

Mine are Hubpages, Google/Yahoo and FaceBook.  I go and post my hub's url as my status or there are hubpages group you can join and post your hubs on the wall. 

--John

1. profile image0

Where are these HubPages groups that you can post on a wall?  That's new to me.

1. bgpappa profile image78
        bgpappaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

On Facebook if you search under groups you will see the hubpages group

1. profile image0

Ok Thanks I see there's several of them!  Is there a particular one that you find to be the best?

1. johnb0127 profile image62
            johnb0127posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mutlimastery- I would have to say these below are the best groups.  I made the group Hubpages Post and Chat.  Here are some others:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=a … 2353078686

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref= … 1233028833

This group is not a hubpages group, but it is a website traffic group:
            http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref= … 1233028833

Hope that helps!

--John

16. johnb0127 profile image62

Yeah there are many groups that you can post your url too and get lots of traffic.  I posted one of my Christian hubs on a group with 800,000 people and traffic rose quite a bit.  For more tips, you can visit my hub:       

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Make-Mon … h-Facebook

Thanks

--John

17. johnb0127 profile image62

http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-Money-on … h-Facebook

Sorry, this is the correct hub  smile

--John

18. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Have you ever tried indian Pad?
      Jyoti Kothari

1. profile image0

Never tried Indian Pad but I see it has High PageRank and wide audience so hey why not take advantage of it!  How is it going for you?

19. johnb0127 profile image62

Another traffic source I just joined is Twitter.  All twitter is is just a status update website.  You can follow your friends or even celebrities.  There is not much room to paste your hub URL in, but its one way to get your hub some traffic!  But you must have some followers.  With alot of followers, the more people will see your hub!

--John

There's also Google's Micro-blogging site - www.jaiku.com

I've even set up a Hubpages channel - http://www.jaiku.com/channel/Hubpages

If we can get more people on there, we might be able to boost up a bit of traffic (although I;m not promising anything)

It's basically the same as Twitter. Go join, it's not like it'll cost you anything. And when you do, add me (and of course, I'll add you back!) - http://andredenito.jaiku.com/

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can shrink your urls to a few characters at Tinyurl.com
      OR
      You can download free TWEETDECK  which does this automatically for you at the click of a button...

1. johnb0127 profile image62
        johnb0127posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, I just copy/paste my hub's url and it turns into a tinyurl.com thing

20. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Don't forget we can post our RSS Feed urls too wink

21. profile image0
    artspeckposted 15 years ago

1. google.com:
    2. hubpages.com:
    3. search.yahoo.com:

22. kiwi91 profile image65
    kiwi91posted 15 years ago

My traffic sources have been from:

hubpages
    google
    search.yahoo.com

Has anyone used Twitter? I usually tweet a hub once it's published, it's good for a few hits.

23. Abhishek87 profile image60
    Abhishek87posted 15 years ago

Not related to hub traffic but I just stumbled on this site that helps promote your site/blog:

http://www.blogupp.com/

24. Andromeda10 profile image67
    Andromeda10posted 15 years ago

Other than Google (1) and Hubpages (2) I get a decent amount for ".mail.com" within google and yahoo and other sites. A few from www.beginnerfreelancer.blogspot.com

25. rmshdc profile image57
    rmshdcposted 15 years ago

1. Google.com
    2. HubPages
    3.Yahoo.com

26. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 15 years ago

Remember....

27. Mark Grey profile image59
    Mark Greyposted 15 years ago

Stumbleupon does well for me, but also markfreebookmark is starting to bring me a lot of traffic - give them a try

28. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 15 years ago

hubpages.com
    stumbleupon.com
    google.com
    images.google.com
    search.yahoo.com

Those are my top five.
    Coming up are links I have put on some of my blogs to my HubPages and...

search.live.com
    search.msn.com
    flickr.com

I don't even post at reddit because all I got were snide comments.
    I got kicked off Digg back in early 2007 when I first started cause I didn't realize posting two links in one day was excessive.

1. aniketgore profile image60
      aniketgoreposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Digg really do that?
      I did post more than 2 links a day many times. And they never kicked me.

Mine sources are hubpages
      google
      google.co.in
      and search.yahoo

29. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Woo... I've been watching my traffic source page, well not really but I check it occasionally, and found that one of my blogs is retaining a spot. Although, it's near the bottom, it's still sending traffic, so that's sweet!

30. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Hubpages, Google and Slipheaven.com in that order.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)