jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)

Free photos and pictures

1. Vin Chauhun profile image79
    Vin Chauhunposted 4 years ago

Hi folks

Are there any websites where I can get free photos or pics. I will naturally give credit to the owner of the photo. I tried MorgueFile, its too cumbersome, or am not navigating the site correctly.

Thanks

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is the guide for you, Vin Chauhun!

hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Vin Chauhunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone

Thanks, I checked it out.....its complicated but I got the over-all idea

2. rose-the planner profile image85
      rose-the plannerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Try creativecommons.org they carry a number of links to free images and videos.  I hope it is helpful.

yep...it sure is rose-the planner smile

2. Jennifer Madison profile image92
    Jennifer Madisonposted 4 years ago

Have you tried WikiCommons?

Hi Jennifer

Yes. I have tried them a few times a while back. sometimes they don't have just right pic that I'm looking for. It seems though, they may seem the best bet for now, I read the regs on using photos, yiks!, I got a headache smile

3. anatomynotes profile image90
    anatomynotesposted 4 years ago

There are lots of free-photo sites. I have used these: Wikimedia commons, flickr.com and Pixabay.com. You can also take a look at these: FreeDigitalPhotos.net, cepolina.com, sxc.hu, 4freephotos.com, 4freetextures.com and images.bugwood.org.

Just to be safe also check this out, if you haven't already: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

4. Vin Chauhun profile image79
    Vin Chauhunposted 4 years ago

Thanks anatomynotes, i'll check out the regulations first..smile

5. sparkleyfinger profile image93
    sparkleyfingerposted 4 years ago

Sometimes, it's easier to just take a photo yourself. I know it seems like so much hassle, but it saves time in naming the source etc, plus you can create a photo from the idea in your mind, so to speak.
    In terms of taking photos from the net, I have found that not many people have a problem with you using their image, as long as you link to their site in the source.

Thanks sparkleyfinger
      That would be the ideal solution smile
      I should be getting a really gos camera phone in the next while, so for now I will have to use stock photos and pics

6. sparkleyfinger profile image93
    sparkleyfingerposted 4 years ago

** Obviously asking first, is the best practice

7. LCDWriter profile image93
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

I really like wikimediacommons and use it for 95% of my hubs.  There is so much out there and the attribution process is fairly straightforward.  I also really like "List of Public Domain and Free Graphics" from Learn Things Web.  I have it bookmarked.

Thanks LCDWriter....yep its seems like that's the way to go...eh..eh.... when you say you have it bookmarked it ...do you have it on your profile....I am a Neanderthal when it comes to the Web...lol

8. SpaceShanty profile image91
    SpaceShantyposted 4 years ago

Hubpages recommends using flicker as the have lots of CC licence pics but when I type in a search keyword the pics have nothing to do with it!

Ok, SpaceShanty.......but they have some incredible pics smile

9. Blond Logic profile image92
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

Don't forget about Flickr. I have contacted people who have a symbol for 'all rights reserved' on their photos. I explain to them what I would like it for, and offer to put a link back to their photostream. Everyone I have asked with the exception of one man, has said yes. I then copy and paste their agreement (email) into a word document and keep all of those in a folder on my computer.
    I feel this is a win-win situation. They get more views for their photo and I get the perfect photo.

thanks Blond Logic...will check them out as I need them

10. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

I would assume you can use images found on Google Images but make sure to specify where you got them from.

Thank you....lovebuglena smile

11. VictoriaSheffield profile image86
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 4 years ago

openclipart.org but they don't have the best images

12. brakel2 profile image84
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

Freedigital photos.net now downloads extra stuff, so you don't know what you are getting. They never did that before, and I don't want to play that game. I have been burned before by little extra things with malware. My good sites are decreasing.

working