jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

One suggestion : Monitoring the income from each Hub

1. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

In Adsense we can create custom channel that could be use anywhere which in turn helps us get an idea of earning coming from there. Hence I was wondering, what if Hubpages could allow us to associate an Adsense channel for a Hub. In that way we could monitor our income better and also understand the kind of article to write which in turn would also help us improve the quality of our Hubs. What say guys?

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

You can already create a custom channel for each Hub within Adsense, not sure I understand what else HubPages could do?

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

What Marisa means is that you can use a Google AdSense URL Channel to track an individual hub.  It's almost the same as a custom channel, but doesn't require us (HubPages) to do any work ...

4. adrainsean profile image60
    adrainseanposted 8 years ago

but with url channel we shall have to create one channel  after writing  each hub n  making a channel with the url in adsense, is there any way this   process  could be made less redundant??

mostly consider  when  someone has  over 100 hubs   this adsense account shall be too full of      hub url to track..

is there any way by which hubpages/adsense could gives us the breakdown of clicks on each  hubs just like it gives us the break down of Views on our  hubpages  account dashboard??

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Through the AdSense API we could automatically create channels for you for each hub, but we'd still be at the mercy of the AdSense channel limits (which I believe are now 500 channels).  There are lots of users with more than 500 hubs, so it would be difficult to automatically determine what to do in that case.

Anyway, we've decided to focus our limited resources on other things for now, since there is a reasonable solution already for those that really want to track each hub.  At some point in the future, we may offer more advanced channel options ...

1. Isabella Snow profile image88
        Isabella Snowposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's 200... is it about to increase? That would be nice.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I heard they had bumped it up, but I guess not.

5. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

They just have! Woot! 500! smile

6. spuds profile image17
    spudsposted 8 years ago

Create URL channels in adsense to track each individual hub.

working