jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Add Hub hyperlink to images on All Topics page

1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this is easy or not to implement, but it seems like when someone is browsing hubs, they should be able to visit the hub by clicking on the image, not just the text.  This would work well for touchscreen devices.

It isn't a big deal, more like icing on the cake.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Currently we allow hyperlinks in photo capsules for attribution of images.
      When you say "browsing hubs", what mechanism or way to explore the site are you referring to?  The feed?  Related Hubs?

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When you click explore at the top, then hubs, the page of hubs and categories appear.  That is what I was referring to.

@Ben
          Thanks for the suggestion.
          That sounds like it could be a useful feature.
          I will bring it up in our next community meeting.

1. profile image0

Ok, thanks.

Ben,

We discussed this in our meeting today.
              I discovered that we had the image hype-linked in the past and it was removed due to doubling the link count for topic pages.
              High numbers of links on pages with little content can be seen as SPAM by search engines, so the removal was to reduce the likelihood of these pages to be seen as SPAM.

1. profile image0

Can't you make the image, link, and text a sort of capsule or object and make that the link?  That would keep the amount of links the same.

When I visit hubpages on my mobile devices, I always touch the images of the hubs, as that is what mostly all touchscreen apps allow you to do.  I believe it would be disconcerting to any mobile device user to not be able to do that, and it would leave an impression of 'falling behind' technologically.

Thanks for your interest.

working