jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

Weekly Inspiration Topic

1. Victoria Lynn profile image92
    Victoria Lynnposted 4 years ago

Does HubPages still have the Weekly Inspiration Topic, or is this another thing, such as the Apprenticeship Program, that has gone by the wayside? It used to be a good way to get some writing ideas, as did the contests that HP used to have.

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. I've been too busy making a pest of myself at another site.

2. btrbell profile image91
      btrbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They don't have it anymore. I also asked a few times and tried to find it (unsuccessfully!) and then read somewhere in another hub, that they are not doing it anymore.

3. Robie Benve profile image100
      Robie Benveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They changed it "Promising Topics", highlighting the topics that had less hubs already published, so more chances to get featured. 
      It was posted with the Rising Star Nominees as "Rising Star Nominees and Promising Topics". I'm not sure if it has been discontinued...

2. Victoria Lynn profile image92

I put this out as a question recently, but nobody answered it, so I guess nobody knows. That tells me the obvious answer is that the WIT is gone, huh? Why? Maybe the staff will answer.

3. Victoria Lynn profile image92

Oh--well, that's good at least.

4. Jenn-Anne profile image87
    Jenn-Anneposted 4 years ago

I seem to remember reading a post from HP that they got rid of it. I don't remember why though.

Victoria Lynnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because they're trying to drive us crazy with all the constant changes, perhaps?

Or maybe because nobody is "inspired" anymore?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
          Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That just may be it, Victoria.  I find it difficult to be inspired when I am no longer able to write with passion and my heart. When one has to follow too many rules on how we should write, what we should write and so many technical mechanics (capsules, polls, so many images, a specific amount of this and that, etc, etc, etc), then where is the inspiration?

5. Victoria Lynn profile image92

That's too bad. They've changed just about everything, so why should I be surprised?

6. Victoria Lynn profile image92

So sad. So disheartening. I remember when we used to have contests, too. That was fun. Does the HP staff just not care anymore about community?

1. tillsontitan profile image89
      tillsontitanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It certainly makes one wonder where all the flowers have gone...it is truly sad to think Simone left a sinking ship. She was such an icon, not to mention humorous and helpful.
      We'll have to try to weather the storm a bit longer and see what happens.  Updating old hubs and writing new ones is about all we can do at this point.  If things haven't gotten better by October maybe we should join Simone!

I update hubs off and on. I always have. I'm trying to write a few a month, too. That's all I can muster. Yeah, I'm with you. I want to see what happens. I'm not giving up. I'm just terribly disheartened. And I really miss Simone's enthusiasm and helpfulness. I've checked out Gigaverse to see what she's doing, but I think they're still working on things.

7. Victoria Lynn profile image92

Maybe Simone knew the ship was sinking . . . .

1. mary615 profile image96
      mary615posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have a good point.  I have wondered the same thing.  I think she knew this ship was sinking, and she bailed out!
      This used to be a great place to write and be recognized for our efforts.  This is exactly why writers are flocking to Bubblews!

8. Victoria Lynn profile image92

That's true, Phyllis. It would be nice if writing would be more about just writing. :-)

9. carol7777 profile image92
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

It is a major struggle for most to make money here..and the writing for the enjoyment...goes just so far. Most of us need to bring in extra dollars, and it seems like there is a lot of unrest here and discontent. they are getting tougher which is not a bad thing...but taking away special venues takes the icing off the cake...I love icing.

The icing is my favorite part! Yeah, we need SOME perks!

10. Sherry Hewins profile image98
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I'm sad to say that it's gone. The Promising topic that took it's place is not nearly as good, and doesn't seem to create much buzz as far as I can see.

Although not every WIT was a winner, some of my best performing hubs did come from that. And, they are subjects I never would have thought to write about.

I can't even find the Promising topic. That's not very promising! ;-)

working