What is your poll results?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 9 years ago

    Recently I checked the polls in all of my hubs. The results were fascinating.
    43%   Plan to write a book about family history.
    67%   are men who have been bullied.
    75%   Believe that the internet is the best place to get coupons.
    40%   coupon all of the time.
    50%   Are veterans or pros with growing plants.
    100% Prefer Creative Commons images over other media.
    100% Believe that the moon affects human behavior.
    100% Believe that the law is to harsh on sex offenders.

    So what are your poll results. I was surprised by myne. Obviously these are per readers of that hub. But the results tend to always surprise me.

    Share your results below. Or your most surprising ones.

    1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 9 years agoin reply to this

      Im sorry, I don't believe Im going to be able to sleep tonight until I know why you spell 'mine' myne.

      1. profile image0
        epsonok0posted 9 years agoin reply to this

        enigma. In the future when unsure I will write. Myne (mine)

        1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 9 years agoin reply to this

          Now I can sleep peacefully. smile

  2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

    42% have between 5 and 11 earrings.

    21% always say "I love you" first.

    48% call it "soda."

    61% are terrified of all clowns.

    29% of Hub authors would only be willing to meet other authors in their own home city.  The exact same percentage would be willing to meet if they happen to be traveling through any place in the world that other authors live.

    1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 9 years agoin reply to this

      love the clown one.

  3. Journey * profile image75
    Journey *posted 9 years ago

    Hi, this is an interesting forum topic. I didn't go through all my hubs for poll answers but I can contribute just these few for now:

    100% of the relevant hub's readers are fans of all or most of Rihanna's music. (just 2 poll votes)

    88% of the relevant hub's readers prefer tea length wedding dresses over long wedding gowns. (107 poll votes)

    When cooking with citrus (lemon, lime or orange), 100% prefer orange chicken (just 1 poll vote so far)

  4. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

    I thought I had more polls.  I've never checked that link in my account page!  I just check the hub itself.

    Favorite Nick Gardner cover song-
    31%- Someone Like You
    25%- Titanium
    15%- It Will Rain
    8%- That Way (original)
    6%- Set Fire to Rain
    4%- I Know It's Over
    4%- Don't Let Me Fall/Hallejuah

    Favorite crazy little love song-
    24%- Crazy (Patsy Cline)
    15%- Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    15%- Crazy (Aerosmith)
    9%- Crush
    6%- Crazy For You
    3%- Crazy (Seal)
    3%- Crazy in Love
    16%- Other

    Do you use or have you ever used an herbal supplement-
    83%- Yes
    17%- No

    I think I'm going to add more polls.

  5. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

    Here are partial results from my most popular polls:
    "How did you lose your loved one to sudden death?"
    (7 respondents)
    29% homicide
    29% vehicle accident
    14% suicide

    "Where do you encounter the most annoying behaviors of self-centered people?"
    (72 respondents)
    64% personal relationships
    26% work/business relationships

    "When does your brain draw the most blanks?"
    (35 respondents)
    57% having a conversation
    17% looking for missing items
    14% writing

  6. Reality Bytes profile image76
    Reality Bytesposted 9 years ago

    Over 100 responses:

    Do you think that the United States of America is Transforming in to a Police State?

    98% Yes, We are turning in to a Police State!

    2% No, the Government is just trying to protect us!

    Pretty amazing.  We know, yet we do nothing!

    1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 9 years agoin reply to this

      That was one thing that I went off about yesterday. We know yet we do nothing.

  7. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

    Do you use coconut oil?
    44% Yes I use it as a supplement for health reasons
    23% Yes I use it to cook with - it's yumalicious
    33% I haven't used it but plan to try it
    0% I have used it and didn't care for it

    Have you used Sulfate free shampoos and what did you think?

        48% Yes, sulfate free has definitely extended the life of my color and made my hair healthier and shinier
        34% I have tried sulfate free shampoos and didn't notice a lot of difference
        14% I have never heard of sulfates and didn't realize they stripped and damaged the hair

    Do you use Essential Oils?

        36% Yes, I use oils regularly in many applications
        36% I've used them once or twice, not regularly
        18% I have not used essential oils yet, but I want to try them
        9% I don't use essential oils at all
        0% Other - I'll share my thoughts in the comments

  8. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

    82% think KISS' "Lick It Up" album "rocks."

    44% believe that SyFy Channel's movie "Ghost Shark" will be "totally awesome," but the other 56% say it makes their brain hurt.

    60% of Loudness fans prefer their "Thunder in the East" album.

    100% of fans of the hair band "Slaughter" say "Duuuuude! They rock!"

    In response to the Queensryche split with their lead singer, 73% say they will follow the "original" band with the new singer. 15% will follow the "old" singer fronting a new lineup. 15% responded "Who cares?"

    63% of Saturday Morning Cartoon viewers agree that "Rubik, the Amazing Cube" was the most "WTF" cartoon show of the early 1980s.

  9. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 9 years ago

    My Polls appear to indicate that my traffic has been falling lately... sad

    1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 9 years agoin reply to this

      Title tweak to a closer match to google topics that are relevant. Then adjust a word or two here or there. And if they were featured they will be re featured and re post. Your views will go up. Its a dirty trick but it can pay off. Dont do it on all it can back fire into a loss of featured status.

  10. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

    Favorite marshmallow dessert

    35% s'mores
    17% rice krispie treats
    4% sweet potato casserole topped with marshmallows
    4% fluffernutter sandwich
    22% love all marshmallow desserts
    17% don't eat marshmallow desserts

    15% have experienced dangerous tongue swelling which required emergency treatment
    36% have experienced major tongue swelling
    38% have experienced minor tongue swelling
    11% have never experienced a swollen tongue

    65% have never had a kidney stone
    21% have had more than one kidney stone
    14% have had one kidney stone

  11. profile image0
    epsonok0posted 9 years ago

    I think you guys are right. This is fascinating.

  12. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 9 years ago

    Here are some of my most popular poll results:
    28% would meditate with crystals for an hour a day (that is the overall majority in the poll)

    73% of readers think that rain is beautiful and 9% absolutely hate rain.

    80% of my readers would like to start programming and making apps and the other 20% don't know or might.

    60% had either mild or severe eczema and the other 40% knew someone who had it before.

    Tigers Eye (40%) is the favourite stone between rose quartz and turquoise.

    78% of Hubbers get the majority of their traffic from search engines. The other 22% get it from a bit of everything including search, social media and links from their own websites/blogs.

    So, there you go! I think there are some interesting results there!

  13. PegCole17 profile image94
    PegCole17posted 9 years ago

    Arggh! I'm feeling old.
    51% Of those who voted said Braniff Airlines was before their time
    24% Had actually flown on Braniff

    39%  Said they made suggestions but their boss won't listen to ideas to improve profitability at work

  14. Helena Ricketts profile image92
    Helena Rickettsposted 9 years ago

    Not one time have I ever actually looked at the poll results.  I usually just drop them in and forget them.  This was really interesting.  Here are some of mine:

    100% of the 5 responses support mandatory labeling of GMO foods.

    88% of the 24 responses have considered raising Cornish Cross chickens.

    57% of the 114 responses have a Siberian Husky in their home and 40% are planning on getting one soon.

    94% of the 127 responses drink organic milk.

    50% of people looking for chew toys for their puppy have a puppy that is 8 weeks old or under, 43% have a puppy that is 2 to 4 months old, 7% have a puppy that is 5 to 7 months old.

    33% of the 18 responses on how clean their house is feel that there are small garden gnomes living under their couch.

    I'm going to have to start checking these more often.  smile

  15. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

    I came third from bottom in the Readable Hub Poll and eighteenth out of eighteen in the Hubber You Would Most Like to Meet.

    1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 9 years agoin reply to this

      No you didn't.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)