Are you ok?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (56 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Cause sometimes life is hard... and it sucks and we're not ok.
    How are you?

1. spartucusjones profile image90
      spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm OK. I also am wearing a luchador mask and $5 poncho (so maybe I'm not OK)

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the cape makes you strong.

2. dghbrh profile image79
      dghbrhposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Touch wood, let me tell you...never felt so LIVELY ....oh yes I am still living ....LOL!!!!
      I am OK....how are you Beth ? How life is treating you so far?

1. profile image0

Lively is definitely good. smile
        It depends on what day you ask me... Today, Im hanging in there I believe the expression goes. The good thing about a new day is that it isn't the day before. Onward and forward!

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Still fighting the good fight. I see!

'Fraid I have given up temporarily.

Nothing to be done.

1. profile image0

Don't give up Will! Maybe a new focus? What do you love that you've never pursued?

1. Will Apse profile image87
              Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Beth, you are doing heroic work here but I have hit that 'if I have to write one word, I will kill the cats, the wife and then myself...' sort of point.

I often get that these kinds of horrors after a holiday. Give me a couple of weeks...

1. profile image0

What kind of pretend holiday did England just celebrate?

3. Imogen French profile image85
      Imogen Frenchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's really very nice of you to ask Beth - very considerate. I am OK, thanks, despite having one of the most stressful years of my life so far. If I can survive that I can survive anything. Everything always works out in the end. Hope you're doing OK too. smile

1. profile image0

That's a really positive way to think back on something. If you can survive it, what can't you do? Builds strength and character. smile

4. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I´m kicking alive. Thanks God for that and my healthy lifestyle.

1. profile image0

I keep forgetting to include that whole healthy lifestyle thing. I did get a salad from Whole Foods for dinner, but sometimes I think my bad habits are winning.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Hills and valleys... Hills and valleys...

1. profile image0

Hit the nail on the head. smile

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 10 years ago

I'm not okay sad
    But I am, if I measure Okay by way others I know, measure me!

My best wishes go out to all who feel that their life is more negative than positive...

1. profile image0

Being positive is sometimes the choice we have to make to get to the next day... and then we have to make it again.

4. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Depressed and burned out. LOL

1. profile image0

Hang in there wrylit! A new season's on its way.

5. jeffreymaskel profile image67
    jeffreymaskelposted 10 years ago

I'm recently unemployed, but still OK.  It actually has made me realize some of the things I would rather be doing than the daily grind.  I need a cape and luchador mask myself.

1. profile image0

The day is yours, seize it. smile

6. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

This thread made me think of the following:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPU3t-x3Vz4

1. profile image0

Spar-tu-cuS! That was so awesome! Thank you for sharing that. I'd never heard of Shane Koyczan before, but what an amazing piece of work.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image75
        CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Last night I had a terrible night.  Spent several hours at the doctors with my daughter. Woke up this morning to making cheese & ham omeletes for the family.  It's a great new day!  My daughter doesn't have childhood diabetes so all is wonderful.

1. profile image0

That is great news in deed. And if Will and I had an omelet, things would be even better.

2. spartucusjones profile image90

Shane Koyczan is awesome and truly talented. The only downside about him is that he makes me feel really inadequate with my own writing.

1. profile image0

Yeah, but you have the cape and the mask and he's just got a pencil so...

1. spartucusjones profile image90

Beth, you really have a knack for making a luchadore feel good about himself! Then again you are feeding into my delusions, so maybe it is not a good thing. But oh well.

1. profile image0

So now you've got a cape, a mask and your delusions. You are so far ahead of the game!

7. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

Have you ever had one of those days where you know you are blessed by all things good in your life, yet you find yourself still a bit bored or uninspired? Today is kind of one of those "meh" days for me.  In the overall sense of things, I'm quite content, but it's been awhile since I've challenged myself to do something new and I feel a bit overwhelmed by my current workload this month.

1. profile image0

Yes, I definitely know those days. I call those "drinking days" I also call stressful days, lonely days, busy days, challenging days and fun days, "drinking days." I have to be very careful. I have a lot of issues... and now on top of it all, I want an omelet... which I used to eat with tequila.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
        PegCole17posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Beth,
        Sorry you're experiencing an omelette deprivation day. Here. I've made you a candy omelette to cheer you up.
        tongue

1. profile image0

Chocolate? Ill do it.

Mmmm. Chocolate. Professor Lupin says it will help.
            hmm

1. profile image0

Is he a hubber? I don't trust those people.

He works for Hogwarts, or should I say worked? That was before the full moon transformed him into a werewolf.
                roll

1. profile image0

Oh my word... you're one of those ppl. Well I don't have any room to talk. I watched World War Z last night (hossum!) and Im about to watch the new Star Trek one right now. Im a nerd, Im just not a Harry Potter nerd.

2. ChristinS profile image38
        ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but can you make it with the tequila already in it to save time? or would that just be too gross? wink

1. profile image0

Ummm, if you cooked the tequila you would burn off the alcohol. Think Christin, think!

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
            A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not if your just preparing an omelet, it takes several hours of cooking tequila to burn off most of it, but just in cooking an omelet, 80-90% will remain. Think, Beth, think.

1. profile image0

I forgot, you wrote that article on absinthe... or did you? Hmmm....

8. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Okay? Is anyone ever okay? Maybe those select few who have it all together or have that dadgum positive attitude no matter what. I'm burned out and depressed, as WryLit mentioned, but I keep on keeping on, trying to get to some other plateau of okay . . . so maybe I AM okay. Hmmm . . . .

1. profile image0

Maybe it's just like ps said earlier... it's just hills and valleys.
      I remember when someone close to me shared that they had been molested as a child thinking, "none of us are making it out of this unscathed." That's the way of life... making the best of it is all we can do sometimes, but if we didn't... we'd be in serious trouble.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yep, hills and valleys. No one unscathed. Excellent words of wisdom Beth37. We just have to do the best we can. :-)

1. profile image0

Without numbing up... We can't experience life or grow in character anesthetized.
          My husband is a part of several 12 step groups and he's always saying God uses others... community to help us find strength and heal.
          So here we are here today. smile Our own little community.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
            Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

True, true. It's a good community. Does this mean I shouldn't drink too much wine? I think sometimes I enjoy it a bit too much. :-)

1. profile image0

It just means *I shouldn't. smile

9. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 10 years ago

Better now that autumn is here.

1. profile image0

The only thing I love more than Fall is Christmas. Fall is like a balm to the human soul.

10. profile image0
    Ritesh Nisharposted 10 years ago

I'm fine but life is very busy. No time for friends.

1. profile image0

Make time, senor... you never know what life holds.

11. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

"I'm OK; You're Ok" ~Wayne Dwyer~
    It's those pesky few billion whiners who think just because they don't have clean drinking water and enough to eat that the rest of us should feel empathy and help them that keep crossing my mind and ruining the 'Cake' of a life I lead....we should all be a bit grateful every day,for the little we have is considered riches in many other places...

1. profile image0

That's a good point. I am one of those ppl who think, when life gets me down, that I don't have a right to feel down b/c there are so many ppl suffering. It causes me to not allow myself to actually acknowledge my feelings... which isn't a great idea. Somehow, we have to acknowledge pain without living in it... whilst being grateful at all times. I spose there is a balance.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

A peaceful 3:30 PM on a rainy afternoon. Loving it.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

There is so much to experience in this beautiful life. But biochemistry prevents us. Fed up with that.

1. profile image0

What do you mean?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)