Hope you are all ok in the area of the storm

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)
  1. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

I just wanted to say we are thinking of you all in the area of the storm and hope you are all ok. Guess we will see photo's in hubs after it is all over ,

2. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

God bless you for thinking of us.   I am in New York and the weather is pretty bad here.   The weather is quite thunderous and I am staying inside.    Things flew on my terrace but all in all things are as to be expected.    Thank you again for thinking of us in the storm.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Thanks for asking!!   We're in the Western NY area and really weren't suppose to get much of anything.  However, that all changed this morning.  It has been dark, rainy, cold and extremely windy all day.......I guess this is what they call the effects of the "tail ends" of the storm.  We've been warned, via all the local news and weather reports that beginning tonight around 9 pm...until 3 am., the winds will get worse...up around 70 mph.   A power outage is bound to occur, so we've all prepared as best as possible.   Fingers crossed there is little damage and certainly no injuries!!    Again, Thanks for caring!  You're NICE!!

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Batten down the hatches New York, we know your going to be in some turbulent weather for a day or so. Take care of yourselves, and be safe.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your thoughts of kindness and God bless!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I'm in Ontario, at least 10 hours away from New York City. It's very windy here and a woman was killed in Toronto by flying debris.

6. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

Sorry to hear that . Hope there are not too many casualties . Most are evacuating from what we hear.

7. caseymel profile image89
    caseymelposted 11 years ago

I am just outside DC.  Lots of rain and wind.  It sounds like my doors and windows are going to get blown in!

8. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 11 years ago

Stay safe everyone... you are all on my mind.  I'm following the storm on CNN and it looks pretty awful.  I'm worried about the subways flooding in NY, that could be a total nightmare.  Anyway, thinking of all hubbers in Sandy's path.

9. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 11 years ago

WV is getting some SNOW!  Where I live is only getting a few inches, but just an hour or so away there is already a foot of snow.  I hear the snow that I am getting is going to turn back into rain later today so we might expect some flooding  sad

10. bac2basics profile image86
    bac2basicsposted 11 years ago

I second Free´s message. I haven´t seen any footage on the news in Spain yet, but that´s only because I haven´t had the telly on. I also hope all those I know in storm hit areas are OK, and everyone I don´t know too .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)