JUST REACHED 800,000 VIEWS !

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (77 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image30
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

I just reached this milestone a few hours ago. In May, 2013, I had two Hubs.  I reached 100,000 views on October 30, 2013, with 35 Hubs. Onward to one million!  (Do you want to know what this forum post is really about? It's about the fact that SEO works on HubPages, because 99% of my traffic comes straight from Google.)

1. cfin profile image64
      cfinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Now reach for 1,000,000 and beyond. Congratulations!!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Matthew!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox:  I have checked your articles out and am not surprised that you have done so well.  It is obvious that you truly know your craft...Your work is clean, concise, well written, informative, enjoyable to read and everything Google wants from writers.  To say that I have envied your talent for some time is an understatement.  More importantly, you have done a great deal to help other writers here to learn and improve.  Congratulations and may riches continue pour down upon you!

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image82
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

...and yet you have a profile of 89...that really bothers me; and maybe it doesn't you but it is just not right! You have proven yourself and still get a slap in the face by HP. I just thank God they will not be judging anything after this life or I know where I'd be going! lol
      Congrats; you really deserve it.

Well, now it just went to 87! I will now stop publishing new Hubs for a while because if your score goes below 85 your outbound links are NoFollow and that's a really bad message to send to Google.  (And, I don't link out to any of my websites.) This is just one more example of how the QAP is so different from what Google likes!

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image82

Hey I get it; the more I try to give them just what they want the lower I go; I lose a point with each and every hub I publish...if I am lucky I go back up a point,,,but not usually. (I have over 18,000 views on a hub I did just a few weeks ago- wish I could figure what I did right! lol) I kept the 90s the first couple of years I was here and I have only gotten better...and they claim none of it is manual. Except for having my say on hubs I want to do I think I am done with HP. Only friends make it bearable and most of those have gone. Good luck. It seems you do what you like and that is what is important!

1. PhilAvent profile image59
            PhilAventposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey Jackie, I want to read the hub that got 18,000 posts, it must be good! What is it? Thanks. I'm always learning.

"Hairstyles for Fat Face and Double Chin" Phil; and it is right at 19,000 reads since I wrote that above! Go figure! Sure not my favorite and took little talent, lol.

Jackie, have you tried writing for ChaCha.com?   I think it might be something for you to try.

No, never heard of them, Thanks, will sure check them out!

5. mio cid profile image60
      mio cidposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i can't even imagine having so many views.congratulations! would you mind sharing a simple  ,single example of your particular seo method with this dummy?

6. FlourishAnyway profile image96
      FlourishAnywayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Holy moley!  That is AWESOME!  You're a freaking rockstar, Writer Fox.

7. AMFredenburg profile image72
      AMFredenburgposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Hope that translates into lots of cash!

8. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations for your achievement! This sounds brilliant!

9. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, WF!

10. turnstylish profile image60
      turnstylishposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!
      You achieved good numbers

11. Coffeequeeen profile image83
      Coffeequeeenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well done, that's great to hear.  You'll be at 1 million views before you know it!

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations dear one and may you have many more views!

3. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, Writer Fox!

4. profile image0
    hlwarposted 9 years ago

Wow, I couldn't even imagine getting that many hits so fast! Congratulations! big_smile

5. MercCipher profile image60
    MercCipherposted 9 years ago

Hey congratulations Writer Fox. You should feel accomplished because 800,000 views is a lot. Congrats again and good luck on your future ambitions.

6. ARUN KANTI profile image47
    ARUN KANTIposted 9 years ago

Congratulations and still more congratulations.

7. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

That's a great achievement, going from 100,000 views to 800,000 in six months. One million is not far away! Congratulations.

8. Writer Fox profile image30

Gmwilliams, AliciaC, Cfin, Hlwar, MercCipher, ARUN KANTI, thanks so much for your well wishes.

@Glenn Stok: Thanks, Glenn.  I don't know if I can reach a million in two months since it's almost summer.  Did your traffic go down in the summertime?

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I never paid attention to seasonal comparisons. So I can't answer your question. But based on your increased growth rate, I'd predict you will reach one million views in two more months.

I, of course, hope you're right.  Looking on the Quantcast figures, though, traffic does go down in August and then back up when school starts.

9. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Awesome accomplishment! Congrats!

10. Anna Haven profile image71
    Anna Havenposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Writer Fox. That is a brilliant achievement. smile

11. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 9 years ago

Thats freaking awesome smile

12. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 9 years ago

Wow, congrats Writer Fox! smile What an inspirational achievement! It is amazing that you reached 800,000 views in under a year, just think of the potential.
    I am looking forward to when you reach the million in the coming months (hopefully the "summer doldrums" won't affect your traffic), that will be a HubPages record. I never thought it was so possible to reach a million views in a year but you have made that possible.
    I agree with your point on SEO on HubPages, and you have proven that post-Panda, it is very possible to earn big and receive thousands of views a day here. Well done! Here's to the million!

13. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Congrats! That is really up there.

14. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Congratulations and may many more readers come your way. Thank you for all of your SEO advice.

Thank you, Ologsinquito.  I offer SEO advice on the forum for free and answer a lot of questions from Hubbers in the comments section on my SEO Tutorial Hub.  (Not everyone agrees with me, though.) I've thought about writing a Hub or an ebook about how to apply those concepts specifically to Hubs.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
        PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Now that is a fantastic idea, writing an e book on how to apply SEO info to our hubs.

I admire your achievement of that much Hub traffic. Wow. Congratulations.
        Peg

2. Writer Fox profile image30

I'm happy to give SEO advice on the Forum; not everyone agrees with my advice, though.  I also answer a lot of questions in the comments section on my SEO Tutorial Hub.  I should write an ebook about how to apply those concepts specifically to Hubs.

1. susi10 profile image96
        susi10posted 9 years agoin reply to this

The ebook idea is great, I think it would help so many Hubbers. You have so much knowledge on SEO, it's worth putting that into an ebook. Maybe it's something you should look into... wink

It would take a lot of time to write it. If I did that, would you pay $5 for it?  (I can't really make it into a Hub because it wouldn't get any outside traffic and some of my methods aren't exactly 'Learning-Center'-Friendly.)

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
            Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would! As long as I could understand steps and follow them....

OK.  I just might do that. (Want to pay me in advance? LOL)

Nup!!! I'll deliver when the goods are delivered ;P

By the way, how can you tell how many likes you get for the subdomain on Facebook?

I don't think there is a way to tell that.  You could just add up all the likes from your individual Hubs.

Aaaaargh, too much work. I will have to save my smugness for another year!!! Thanks for replying.

2. susi10 profile image96
            susi10posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would too! I think a lot of us could do with some traffic tips.

15. Writer Fox profile image30

@Solaras, Anna Haven, Starme77 and The Examiner-1: Thanks for the compliments.

@Susi10: It's definitely possible to get thousands of views per day.  There are Hubbers who have reached a mind-boggling 10 million views, if you can imagine that. (I can't imagine reaching that many views here!)

16. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Congratulations and well done! Apparently it just skyrockets past 1 million and is easier that you think to grow even bigger. Just add more hubs wink

Easier said than done!  (I tend to write very long Hubs.)

Same here. But I'm surprised at how mine are ticking along. I write about pretty obscure topics which are hard to get traffic for. But they seem to be welcomed with open arms on social media. Currently up to 66,000 and hope to reach my first big 100K sometime this year (depends on if I write and share more). The long ones do seem to do a lot better with traffic I've noticed, regardless of techniques used in them.

17. einron profile image54
    einronposted 9 years ago

Congratulatons

18. srsddn profile image91
    srsddnposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! It is praiseworthy.

19. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Congrats for reaching a most awesome milestone, Writer Fox.

20. Maggie.L profile image84
    Maggie.Lposted 9 years ago

Wow, what an achievement. Congratulations Writer Fox!

21. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 9 years ago

Well done Writer Fox, congratulations on your achievement.

22. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Is this the face of a surprised woman? lol. Congratulations, Writer Fox.

23. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

Wow, that's impressive an impressive tally.  Congratulations on being a traffic guru!

24. electronician profile image78
    electronicianposted 9 years ago

That's brilliant Writer Fox, I'm not suprised you're doing so well but even so that is impressive, especially so fast. 1 million will be a biggie.

I'm hoping to hit 100k in the next month or so - also mostly from Google.

25. prbradshaw profile image67
    prbradshawposted 9 years ago

Fantastic achievement mate, well done!!  I could only dream of hitting numbers like that. Puts my 100 into a whole lot of perspective.

A million views began with the first 100!

26. Writer Fox profile image30

TimeTraveler2, Mio Cid, Einron, PegCole17, Flourish Anyway, Srsddn, Janshares, Maggie.L, Lies15858, LongTimeMother, Greekgeek, and Electronician: Thank you for your posts. I appreciate you.

27. icv profile image50
    icvposted 9 years ago

congrats... Happy to read your post

28. PhilAvent profile image59
    PhilAventposted 9 years ago

Congrats. I wish to follow in your footsteps!

29. Writer Fox profile image30

Thank you, Icv, AMFredenburg, and PhilAvent.

@Jackie Lynnley:  Yes, the HP scoring system does discourage people from writing new Hubs, especially when high-traffic Hubs get low scores and that makes the Hubber score go down, too.  But, management wants to keep it the way it is. If Google loves a Hub, you'd think HP would love that Hub, too! Looking at the overall picture, traffic to the site is considerably lower now than it was this time last year.  Fortunately for writers, there are many places to post good content on the Internet.

30. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 9 years ago

Congrats Writer Fox on the big milestone!  You are on fire here at HubPages!  We can all learn from you.

31. Writer Fox profile image30

Thank you Rock_nj and ChitrangadaSharan. (To the other guy, please stop posting your spam link on the forums.)

32. KawikaChann profile image84
    KawikaChannposted 9 years ago

Congrats WF, very impressive.  Peace.  Kawi.

33. Writer Fox profile image30

Thank you Marina Lazarevic and Kawika Chann.

@Jackie Lynnley: I have a friend who makes about $500 there every month.  You are paid for everything you write there, and you don't have to wait for traffic to find your postings.  It's ranked #56 for US traffic by Quantcast and it gets more US traffic than HubPages. (It's only open to US writers.)

34. IJR112 profile image59
    IJR112posted 9 years ago

All I can say is wow!

35. Writer Fox profile image30

Thank you, Turnstylish and IJR112.

36. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 9 years ago

Congrats, Writer Fox. 800,000 views for 35 hubs is simply amazing. Thank you too for always sharing tips on how you reach such success.

37. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image81
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 6 years ago

So nice to see you here again after a very long period. I have reached a million and half mark. Most of these views are from my first hub. The rest are resting there.

38. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

This is a three year old thread which was resurrected by a spammer (whose post has been deleted).

39. Coffeequeeen profile image83
    Coffeequeeenposted 6 years ago

Oh right, I didn't look at the date!  Thanks for pointing that out - I'll keep my eyes peeled in future, thankyou.  smile

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just wish HP would bin anything over a year old smile They really need to declutter the forums.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)