jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

Adsense discrepancies

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 10 years ago

I posted awhile ago about channels.. seems like every day I have a hub that shows up (changes from day to day) in the "top channels" section - but has 0 clicks. I dont know why it happens, but I figured its just a weird glitch and I ignored it.

Today, however, I'm looking and see a new issue - there isnt a rogue channel listed, but the total I see for earned is different than the total that it should be, according to how many clicks and how much they each generated.

Its not a huge difference, but its enough to concern me, as my total is less than what it seems it should be.

Anyone else experience this?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

I believe AdSense does include some CPM ads in the mix.  For these ads you get payed for an impression whether there is a click or not.  Without more detail I can't say if this explains what you are seeing or not, but perhaps it does.

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
      Isabella Snowposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I considered that but I dont see how that would be possible, since the total amount earned for those non-clicks is $0

Im more concerned about the clicks it shows as earning a specific amount in the drop-down menu - but then the total day's earned is LESS than what it totals in the drop down..

??

3. retireyoung profile image60
    retireyoungposted 10 years ago

I believe Google has been having a problem with this lately.  There is a bit of a discussion going on here: http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_ad … 484611.htm

4. Isabella Snow profile image89

Actually I just looked and now I have TWO hubs showing up - neither having gotten clicks, nor earning cash - but still showing up.

And the total amount earned is still off by a bit.

5. profile image51
    mattharsposted 10 years ago

Hey, I'm matt I'm starting a gossip hubpage. I'm having a problem with my adsense to it shows up everywhere accept on my Gossip page http://hubpages.com/hub/Vanessa-Hudgens-Nude. Can anyone help me ?

6. profile image51
    mattharsposted 10 years ago

What are the rules for racy photo's What qualifies ?

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can't.

No nudity.

7. ramesh profile image56
    rameshposted 10 years ago

your problem is u r finding less total from url channels to what it shows from drop down menu right??

to know ur individual hub cpm impressions earnings and click earnings separately go to advanced reports page in adsense, select individual ad in the show by data drop down menu and check the targeted type ads box ..now select the date range u wants to see and u 'l get the detailed report .. .. that 'll clear ur confusion i think..smile

8. Isabella Snow profile image89

Thanks Ramesh, but I dont think thats my problem.. smile

My problem is the total amount of money it says I earned in a day, does not match the total amount of money showing I earned when I view each click via channels.

Example - if my total says 50 cents at the top of the page, I click on view channels and add the amounts up individually and they equal 60 cents.

Thats the issue.. its not a big amount.. but its annoying and odd..

(Today's is correct though.)

9. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 10 years ago

Isabella, I just added up my dailies on the advanced report, and they are higher than my total by .31. I would just post a question on the google forum... Maybe someone on there knows why that is the case.

10. Isabella Snow profile image89

Weird, huh?

11. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

One other possibility it that you have two URL channels that are matching the same hub.  For instance if you had these two channels (and hubs):

channel 1: hubpages.com/hub/apple
    channel 2: hubpages.com/hub/apple_a_day

channel 1 will match to both urls, and therefore money earned from the 2nd url will be counted twice.

12. Isabella Snow profile image89

I don't have anything like that.. not as far as I know..

13. Isabella Snow profile image89

Oddly enough, I'm now *over* by the same amount I was under yesterday. Maybe they've fixed the issue..

working