jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Can't sign up for Earning

1. Kate McGinnis profile image74
    Kate McGinnisposted 3 years ago

I can't seem to find the answer to my question and I have already been on the forum and FAQ pages.
    Do you have to have a certain amount of hubs before you can sign up for the Earnings Program? I'm new to this and currently have 3 published Hubs. When I attempted to sign up for the Earnings program, I followed each step and apparently Google denied my request. I do not want to continue making Hubs if I am unable to sign up after so many hubs. Any information would be appreciated...thank you!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you talking about an adsense account that is totally up to google; HP does not control adsense or any other google subsidiary.

However, most people indicate that google will be much more interested in you with about 20 hubs or so, and a month or two of publishing.  Although this sounds bad, it really isn't - you are quite unlikely to earn more than a few dollars in the first few months anyway.

Kate McGinnisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the information. Looks like I better start my research and get to writing! Since I'm newer to this, a lot doesn't make any sense to me right now. I was worried that if I couldn't sign up right away for the Adsense account, I wouldn't get my profit.

2. Bishop J L Hayes profile image79
    Bishop J L Hayesposted 3 years ago

Kate, I have over 30 hubs but have only been a member for 16 days. I have tried twice to AdSense and was refused both times. I am thinking that they want you to be a member for awhile. But, honestly there seems to be no rules and I am only guessing as is everyone else. I know that I have over 30 hubs that have ad's all over them and HP is making money from them. I understand that on a certain level. But I am disappointed.

Kate McGinnisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wow, I can see why. That isn't any good... I would be disappointed as well. If I publish a handful of Hubs and if I am still denied then I guess I will have to terminate my account. There is no use in trying so hard only to be denied.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's important to keep a sense of proportion.   HubPages is not a get-rich-quick solution.   

As Wilderness rightly said, even if your Adsense account was approved, it's likely you'd earn about $5 in your first three months. It takes time for your Hubs to get ranked well enough in Google to earn anything.  That's true of most writing online - what you write today may not earn you much till this time next year.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can estimate how much money HubPages is making from your Hubs quite easily.  If you already had your HP Earnings Account, you'd be averaging between $2 and $5 per 1,000 views, which is 60% of the ad revenue on your Hubs (HubPages gets the other 40%).   Right now, HP is getting 100%.  So look at your views and work out the calculation - are you missing out on much, really?

working