jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

DuckDuckGo question

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

I am curious as to why some hubpages articles that are pulled up in DuckDuckGo have the black/white H Hubpages logo to the left, while others do not.  Anyone have any ideas?  If you click on the logo it pulls up only other hubpages article.  You can also click on other company logos and DuckDuckGo pulls up only articles from those sites.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I looked at it carefully and I discovered the HP articles, and any article, which has a logo beside it is due to the fact that the logo matches certain words in the URL.
      For instance, there is one in which the first two words up top are HubPages, at the bottom are facebook.com and the logo is 'f'. There is another one the first two words up top are HubPages, at the bottom are blob.apple.com. The logo is 'Apple'. The logo matches the URL before the '.com'.

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

Wonder if it would have something to do with editor's choice hubs since they are on the main domain?

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I thought that too ChristinS, but the ones that are mine that are editor's choice don't have the log next to them.  I was wondering if it might have something to do with google authorship, but just not sure.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image79
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do not think that it is the E.C. Hubs. I am trying to find out more about it.

3. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I have never heard of Duckduckgo before. I love it. All of my pages are rated better than Google. The search makes much more sense too.

working