Let's VENT

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8912773.jpg
    What is REALLY on your mind?  What things do you really want to vent about?  What gets under your skin? It can be politics, religion, your neighbor, your job, having to pay unnecessary taxes, your spouse, your child, ANYTHING!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What has happened in our society that is is accepted (even encouraged) for people to spread hate and anger all over everyone around them?  Has no one heard of Karma?  Does no one left understand that spreading anger will result in anger being thrown back?  That the emotions we display affect the people around us and usually come right back at us?

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What you have succinctly stated is indeed true.  Toxicity and negativity only creates sickness in the mind and body.   It also makes a person quite unpleasant to associate with.  In the end, negative and hateful people will end up quite ALONE!

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
        Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is so true -- witness the religious forum threads -- yeeech!

2. Penny G profile image60
      Penny Gposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Has world gone @$#%(^ mad! I cannot believe the customer service or lack of it today! On a regular basis i get customer service reps who are not proficient in the line of work, don't want to spend the time to resolve issues that are part of their job, and just plain snotty. It usually takes me on the average three calls to three different people to get something resolved. I end up doing most of the work, guiding them through what I already know to be correct, but must rely on them to correct it. Banks, phone companies,product complaint departments, and the list goes on and on! Really I know I am very particular, but is it asking too much for people to be proficient in the line of work, or is my OCD just blowing things out of proportion?

3. profile image0
      Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's not a vent as i don't vent anymore but people who moan, are the closest thing that could possibly make me want to vent..Especially people who moan about not having this or not having that, when they have "no" idea of what they do want in life..I could vent about the starvation in the world or corrupt governments etc, & why people in general don't seem to care..The reason i don't is because I'm almost convinced we're all here for some sort of test, & everything in the world including how people act etc is all perfectly normal for their particular test..Moaning is a complete waste of energy, & will never achieve anything..I do understand that people have good reasons to moan, but what does it achieve?, nothing.

4. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No kidding. Real truth. I have a washer & Dryer in one of those resin sheds outside of my mobile home. There isn't space to walk around the machines. To get to the back either crawl over or pull the machine out. The dryer vent hose / tube or whatever came off. The lint is building up.

That dim-darn vent is driving me nuts. I will have to re-engineer it a new way. grrr . . . vent, vents, and venting has riled me with my hair standing up on the back of my neck smile (All truth too)

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

I hate when I cant get my own space, my own peace and quiet each day. I am someone who loves being alone and loves my own space, but my husband is the complete opposite, he could talk for ages and never wants to spend time apart. I try to wake up ahead of him, but if that doesn't happen, Im pretty much screwed.

Vent over. I still love him to death.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
    Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years ago

I will vent that I have nothing to vent about ATM - life is good on the far side.

4. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

that is a fantastic vent!

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

I learned the hard way over the last week that business taxes for the solo self-employed are no joke. Sheeeesh!!! I need a new game plan. It just doesn't seem fair. All I wanted was to provide a service to those in need of counseling. I may as well do like Peanut's Lucy and set up a booth on the corner and charge 5ยข a session. But I'll probably have to add lemonade!
    Thanks for letting me vent, gwilliams.

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

YOU'RE are quite WELCOME indeed!

6. WiccanSage profile image83
    WiccanSageposted 10 years ago

Sarcoidosis sucks. Auto immune diseases suck. Being sick all the time sucks. Breathing problems suck. Heart arrhythmia sucks. Giving up most of your physical activities and having to be on your butt most of the day sucks.

Looking out the window, at the beautiful sunny days and gorgeous moonlit nights, remembering tent camping trips, and hiking, and playing basketball or frisbee with your kids, and running, and dancing around bonfires all night, and even just long walks... and not being able to do those things anymore. It just sucks. 

Sorry I'm just not having a good weekend, my mood is floundering. This time every year I'd have been on a big camp-out with my Pagan community having a lot of fun and I couldn't go this year because there's no paved areas for my wheelchair and I can't get around much outdoors without it. because of my illness.

I'm trying to keep busy. Have some fun, make some extra money with work. But I'm feeling so lonely and left out. yikes(

1. AliciaC profile image94
      AliciaCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Best wishes, WiccanSage. I hope things improve for you.

1. WiccanSage profile image83
        WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Alicia; missing out on the camping and bonfires and drum circles and maypoles this weekend just has me bummed, lol. I've been going in and out of a pouty self-pitying mood this weekend.

My hubby took a few days off & we're going to do family stuff and I'm focusing on looking forward to that.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

I was all for health care reform, I previously was paying for my own health insurance. The cheapest I could find was $250 a month just for me. It was good I had it because I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days and would have owed $26000 if I had to pay it all myself, instead I only owned $8000 which I am paying off in installments.

Now, under the new system, my old insurance plan is no longer available, but I qualified for a subsidy. I'm only paying $130 a month for me and my husband, same insurance company as before, sounds great right? On paper it's all good, the only problem is, many doctors do not accept my new insurance because it doesn't pay them enough.

OK, I get it, beggars can't be choosers, the thing I don't get is that the subsidy that is being paid to the insurance company for my insurance is over $1000 a month! If the taxpayer is going to pay that much for poor people to have insurance, shouldn't it at least be good insurance?

1. Solaras profile image99
      Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here in Georgia, Gov Deal will not allow us to receive the federal subsidy. We just have to pay higher rates in order to make us hate the new system.  I hope he loses at the next election for it.  My vent - I am sick of politicians serving their "fraternity" needs with no regard to their electorate.

8. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 10 years ago

I am frustrated with the way the US government treats single men when it comes to public assistance. If you are in need of cash assistance, because you are out of work, and can't pay your bills. They could give a shit less about you, regardless of what you have done in the past, or how much you may have contributed as a tax payer in the past, or how much money you may have earned. If you are not single and rich, you are pretty much shit to them. Lucky enough only to get maybe enough food stamps to eat on a starvation diet.

yet, if you are a female and can pop out one kid after another, and do not have a husband, they will kiss your ass. Give you all the money you need, food stamps and housing assistance. Some women get assistance who don't have any children at all. And, I don't think that is fair.

Yet, if you are a younger male, they will head you towards  joining the service. hey if you want to eat, and have a home, join the military. We'll feed you, and give you a place to sleep. There's a strong possibility that you might get injured or die, then we don't give a shit about you. But, hey, at least it's something while you have it.

America treats it's people like crap. Make people so desperate, that they will work for any money they can get, then charge them out the ass for products and services, so they can never get ahead, and always stay desperate.
    It's just sad. And, if those people are not working, they are obviously lazy, even though they watch as countless companies that would have provided jobs to those lazy people leave the country in droves, to find even more desperate people who will work for a fraction of what people her are desperate to get.

This country no longer makes sense.

9. ShinyM profile image67
    ShinyMposted 10 years ago

I would love to vent about how people in this society seem to care little for anything outside of themselves. The selfishness I see on a daily basis is really starting to bug me.

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The thing that bugs me the most about the US government, is we claim to be the greatest nation on the planet. Accuse other countries of being un-humanitarian, yet, don't care if people are living in cardboard boxes under the expressway. Some senators see welfare, and foodstamps, as awarding people for their laziness. Yet, will turn around and give 5 billion dollars to oil companies for doing nothing, and billions of dollars to farmers NOT to grow crops. (To keep the price of produce high)

The double standard between pandering to rich corporations, while dumping on the poor, and trying to suck the life out of anyone who isn't rich, just staggers me.

If I were president, i would be the other way around. I would not give oil companies money, who are already making money in the trillions. And, I would see to it that those people living under the expressway get the home they deserve. Call it welfare, call it what you want. If every citizen in this country had an income. The amount of goods bought and sold would be crazy high, and those farmers that are being paid not to grow crops, could go back to work. And, with all the needed products to keep up with the masses, more factories would be needed, and more people would be needed to fill those jobs. But, the way this country is going, they want try the same output with fewer and fewer workers. Where eventually, there will be such a huge portion of the population with no money. There won't be anyone that can afford to buy anything.

Back to the 1800s we go.

1. ShinyM profile image67
        ShinyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That reply was beautifully written and captured everything I was thinking yesterday.

2. Penny G profile image60
        Penny Gposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm really thinking the whole world has gone MAD!

10. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image72
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 10 years ago

It is probably not worthy of 'venting', but it does frustrate me that earnings show rises but stats have been frozen for the past 40 hours.

11. grand old lady profile image82
    grand old ladyposted 10 years ago

I'm sure people will hate me for this, but I don't think bullying can be blamed on religion. I think it's blamed on the way parents raise their kids. You may teach them intolerance, it doesn't mean you teach them to act on it. I have grown up in schools overseas, and my Filipino friends were amazed at the kind of bullying that went on at school. I thought it was natural, they thought it was not. People were bullied for being Asian, Jewish, And it turned out that the parents were no better. I saw a TV news show about a boy who killed himself for being bullied. When the bully was interviewed, it seemed that his father was no better. So I think this issue of bullying being blamed on faith is misguided.

1. WiccanSage profile image83
      WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So true Grand Old Lady. It's interesting you should say about your Filipino friends, I read an old article many years ago (pre-internet even, in a magazine-- how quaint, right? LOL)  that talked about the difference between American/westernized kids and other countries (particularly Asian cultures) in that a big difference is here that rebellion, acting tough, etc. is glorified as being 'cool', and peers are more likely to encourage each other to have an attitude so they can fit in. In other countries-- mainly Asian-- peers don't encourage that kind of behavior.

I agree with you overall though; I don't think it's an issue of faith, I think it's an issue of socialization.

12. paradigmsearch profile image58
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

I'm tired of being poor, but I hear there is a lot of that going around these days.

13. healinghands1668 profile image65
    healinghands1668posted 10 years ago

For the second time since I started working at this spa, I am getting a new manager. Bad enough on it's own because I really liked my last manager, but this one seems...well...on me about everything.

...I am also frustrated by the fact that my first manager never properly trained me on the computers...so now every new manager expects me to be able to close and secure sales when I don't know the proper codes and paperwork. ...And then they don't train me either.

14. paradigmsearch profile image58
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago
  15. brakel2 profile image71
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

My computer is driving me crazy. All I want to do is write. I have been spending time fighting viruses and now it got hacked. I began a hub four weeks ago and never could finish it. I keep telling myself I am lucky compared to all the sick people and bad stuff going on. But I miss my writing and try to keep active on site. God bless all you guys and good luck to those who are ill. I read hubs that are so super.  Blessings. Audrey. Now I feel better.

16. John Serpico profile image70
    John Serpicoposted 10 years ago

Controlling people who do everything in a regimented way and like to categorize everything and everyone and so don't just look directly at anything for themselves. Can't stand such people.

1. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

People who are so controlling that they tell you what to do and who to be to the extent that, even if you try and get them out of your life, they will not leave you alone, and keep texting and emailing you trying to tell you that you have to be close with them.

1. grand old lady profile image82
        grand old ladyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

cfin, you have one very justified vent there. People like that, I don't know why they harass you and stalk you. If's horrible and scary at the same time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)