jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

RESOLVED: Intermittent site feed and notification delay

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
    Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago

Just wanted everyone to know that there is an intermittent issue that is currently affecting the responsiveness of the site.

We are aware of the problem and are currently working to resolve it.
    In the meantime, you may see occasional periods where the site takes longer than normal to respond.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
      kenneth averyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Matthew,
      Friend, may I rant for a moment? A mjld rant. From yesterday late, June 2, I have NOT received one comment, notification,etc., from the hubs I have published.
      Are you going to give us the ALL GO when this is fixed?
      And does it make sense to write anything else until I know that my materials are even read?
      Kenneth

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We have just deployed a fix for the intermittent connectivity issues affecting the site.

Both the feed and site notifications are delayed and you should see them catch up to current gradually.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Appreciate it, Matt.
        So, is it safe to "go back into the Hub water?"

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

This site works a hell of a lot better than some other sites I could mention... big_smile

Yeppers.

1. Barbara Kay profile image87
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% too.

2. kenneth avery profile image81

On second thought, I take my "Yeppers," back. Since yesterday, late, I have NOT received ONE comment, noffication, etc., from any of the hubs I have published.
      Is HP going to notify us when it is resolved?
      And does it make sense to even write anything until this problem is resolved?
      I wonder.

1. breakfastpop profile image88
        breakfastpopposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am having the same problems and I feel exactly the way you do. This is soooo frustrating!

Breakfastpop and Barbara,
          Actually now I am afraid to publish anything on HP due to this intermittent problem whatever it is--like I emailed Matt at HP and explained that I do not what my hubs to be lost or damaged.
          This is making a wreck of my earnings and causing my score to go down. I pray that HP fixes this soon or some writers may bail.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
            Matthew Meyerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify, the recent system issue never affected the ability to create, edit, save, or read a Hub.  The main affect was a delay to email notifications, the site feed, and some sluggishness from the H+ social sharing button to share a Hub with your followers.

2. breakfastpop profile image88
            breakfastpopposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can write your hubs and  they won't be lost. The problem is no one will know you wrote them!!!  It's frustrating, but hang in there.

breakfastpop . . .I read his latest email to me and he said it was fine to go ahead and write hubs. But are you serious about no one reading them?

3. joween18 profile image82
    joween18posted 3 years ago

I don't receive notifications hmm What should I do? Is this a site problem as well?

Closed to reply

working