jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Verification For First Publish - Not Received.

1. DuaneJ profile image72
    DuaneJposted 3 years ago

Hello All,

I'm new to HubPages and have just finished writing my first hub. This, I understand, requires phone verification. I provided my Indian mobile number but did not receive the Text message or the call. I guess I tried too many times and I'm now getting a message telling me to try again after 24 hours. Perhaps, I'm entering the wrong code or something. Does anyone know what area code I should enter for an Indian mobile number?

1. Jay Connors profile image83
      Jay Connorsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

DuaneJ, I'm from the US so I did not have to phone verify, but did you try the number with your country code as well? Not sure if that'll fix your problem, but maybe worth a try.  Google says your country code is 91 so try 91 then area code then number.

DuaneJposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply Jay. The country code is automatically prefixed by the system. I tried entering the area code but that too did not work. I'm not sure if the mobile area codes are different from the landline area codes. I'm confused!

1. Jay Connors profile image83
          Jay Connorsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Check out this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/113897 .  I guess the verification number could be blocked on your phone carrier and you should try to verify with a voice instead.

2. taiwokareem profile image86
    taiwokareemposted 3 years ago

Try +91 or 0091

3. Richardwilliamsjr profile image61
    Richardwilliamsjrposted 3 years ago

You can also try having them call you to verify. I had some problems when I started with verifying through SMS. And that's what I did and it worked out try it and see if that works for you

4. bettyshares profile image76
    bettysharesposted 3 years ago

I am having trouble with the phone verification too, its not going through.

5. Tom Marshal profile image83
    Tom Marshalposted 3 years ago

DuaneJ,

Add 91 to your mobile phone number.

6. DuaneJ profile image72
    DuaneJposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone...but now when I hit 'Publish' I'm getting a pop-up to enter the confirmation number that was sent to my phone. But I haven't received one to begin with.

7. pkmcruk profile image69
    pkmcrukposted 3 years ago

I don't know if this will help - but when we do it from the UK we have to drop the 0 from the start of the mobile number.

8. DuaneJ profile image72
    DuaneJposted 3 years ago

Thanks pkmcruk but I'm not adding any zeroes. I wonder if I should post this in the technical help section so that a manual verification can be completed by one of the site Admin, if required. Is there a way to transfer this thread there or do I need to write a new post?

9. Richardwilliamsjr profile image61
    Richardwilliamsjrposted 3 years ago

Duane J I got the same thing when I try to publish my first hub. So try logging out completely from hubpages and delete the cookies too and that should help with conformation message and allow you to start over with the verification process. And if I may ask are you doing this process from your phone or laptop?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm using a laptop.

Tried it and it did not work.

Matter resolved. I went through voice call call verification and it worked. Thanks all!

10. Jennifer Ceballos profile image66
    Jennifer Ceballosposted 3 years ago

I'm having trouble to I'm new as well to this. I'm from the US and it's just not working for me.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The FAQ has a little info.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#phoneverify

For further questions about your account, please contact us here.
      http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

Closed to reply

working