Hub Challenges

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (21 posts)
  1. abidareacode profile image67
    abidareacodeposted 9 years ago

I read about hub challenges. But I didn't get a clear idea. So my doubts are -
    1. Is it just posting quality hubs every day or will the admin give any topic for a particular day?
    2. Is there any formalities to enter this challenge?
    3. What is the benefit of participating in this challenge?
    4. Is there any restriction of experience in HP for this challenge?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this
    2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Challenges are just a way to motivate yourself.  There are no prizes, except personal satisfaction that you've achieved something you set out to do.    By publishing your commitment on the HubChallenges forum, you are publicly saying, "I'm going to do this", so that other Hubbers can support you.  That's all.  They have always been like that.

3. easylearningweb profile image85
      easylearningwebposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi abidareacode,

I'm surprised to see that it says this forum is inactive, so I hope you receive my reply. I wanted to let you know that there is a more current thread with some helpful info about Challenges that some of us are embarking on. Please see this thread for more info:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126177

You are also welcome to take a look at my challenge hub which I started on Friday:
      http://easylearningweb.hubpages.com/hub … tivity-Log

Thanks and Good Luck to You!

2. abidareacode profile image67
    abidareacodeposted 9 years ago

Writer Fox....I read that full. There says about a commitment. 1. Where I have to place this commitment ?
    2. What is the benefit then?
    3. If I cannot complete the commitment what will happen?
    4.Who will monitor the commitment?
    5.  What are those stellar hubs?

These questions are aroused in my mind.

The Challenge is something that people used to do years ago.  No one from HP monitors anything.  It was something Hubbers did to encourage each other to write more Hubs. What happened is that a lot of Hubs were written too quickly and they weren't that good.  Here's a link to the stellar Hub suggestions:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

abidareacodeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Writer Fox...So a hub with these attributes are called stellar hubs. But
        will any accolade will appear on posting stellar hubs ?
        Who decides it as stellar or not ?
        Is hub challenge exists now?

You can still do a Hub Challenge if you want to, but you probably won't find many other people to participate with you,

No, you don't get any accolade for following the pattern suggested for a stellar Hub.  Hubs are rated by the Quality Assessment Process and that's how you get the Hub Score beside each one on your Accounts page.

So it means these all things are now merely a concept. No one looks or supports ! Why should they be still alive in FAQ and other pages?

Some of the information on the site hasn't been updated in a while.

Yes....I am back here after four years. Like me many will be there. Also new hubbies will get confused as FAQ remains , but no one cares or updates. Who will do these?

I don't know.  But, on each article in the Learning Center there is a date at the bottom showing the last time the page was updated.

2. profile image0
        Victoria Austinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox- I just read about the Earning Program. I do not understand what it was saying that it will charge us. Please help. Thank you and God bless.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Victoria, where do you see the Earnings Program will charge you?  They will not.

You cannot earn anything from the Earnings Program until you can get an Adsense account.  So I suggest, don't worry about it yet.

1. profile image0

I clicked on the link  then I clicked terms for the program, and it said something about fees that I'm confused not sure if we are charged?
              Thank you. God bless you.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
              Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Victoria, You won't get charged, only paid. You must have misunderstood something.

1. profile image0

Oh ok thank you so very much God bless you.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image92
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

HubChallenges are like resolutions - you make a promise, and announce it to the public. 
    Since it is public, it keeps you accountable to the public.  But if you fail, then you only have shame and humiliation, but only if anyone else is paying attention. Not really - there isn't shame and humiliation - you are better off having made the challenge because even if you didn't fill your obligation fully, you at least made progress.  You may even encourage others to join the challenge or find a buddy or two who will keep you motivated.

The problem with the challenge is that people tend to promise unrealistic things - i.e. I promise to write 30 hubs in 30 days or even I promise to write 100 hubs in 30 days.  Since quality is more important than quantity, these types of challenges are a waste of time.  Because of that, you may not find a lot of participation in your challenges.

People still do participate in challenges. The key is to choose a good challenge.  Challenges that might be good (these haven't been tested):
    1.  Read all of the learning center articles - one a [day][week] and notify staff of outdated information
    2. Improve all of my current hubs by end of the year
    3. Read all of the winning hubs in the Hubbie awards.
    4. Write only hubs that fit the definition of stellar this year
    5. Improve my grammar by [taking a course] [reading this book]
    6. Increase my knowledge base and creativity by trying something new each weekend this year
    7. Read xx hubs about how to use amazon capsules that work and write one hub that incorporates the good advice. [you'll get some bad and mediocre advice in the mix but by reading many hubs, you may find a combination that is really good advice]
    8. Increase my portfolio by taking xx photos per [day, week, month].
    9. Organize my photos by loading them to my computer and labeling them so I can find them quickly to add to hubs.
    10. Learn to take better photos by [reading hubs][taking acourse][reading xx book].

Millinair...Thanks for your helping reply. So I changed my challenge to a new direction. As you told I have been working in modifying my hubs written in 2010! Yes, it was successful from 2 featured hubs now I own more than 20 and whenever I get time I look for the same. The other ways you told also are practiced and happy to know that it is a right way of new hub challenges.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would recommend doing one challenge at a time.  Modifying your hubs that you wrote in 2010 is a great one.  Now simply come up with a deadline or time frame of how many per week and you can start.  You can even list links here to show which ones you have done.

Can I show links here ? Is it sure ? I am asking this because I was banned for the last four years from forum on account of self promotion.I didn't understand what I did wrong. So I afraid that giving links to my own hubs in forum discussion will be self promotion and will get banned again. So please clear my doubt.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)