Fellow Squids, A Moment of Silence ... The Final Blue Box Has Dropped

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

Yup. I was just over there on the old stomping grounds and there was a blue box. I've taken a screen shot and saved it for a momento. Sorry to see the old wagering about when the next blue box will drop come to an end.

1. kislanyk profile image68
      kislanykposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Didn't think of saving the screenshot, but the money arrived to my Paypal account this morning when I woke up.

1. profile image0
        Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think we should still see one more before the end. They still have to pay for August before Squidoo closes up shop. I will sure miss it. Squidoo was my number one writing platform, I learned so very much there, and made so very many friends.

1. goatfury profile image91
          goatfuryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here- I got a nominal payment for July, but I should have a considerably higher one coming in for August.

1. MartieG profile image63
            MartieGposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There will be just one more payday according to the information sent out-hope I'm right as they still owe me

2. savateuse profile image66
      savateuseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I didn't take a screenshot, but I was tempted. I never actually earned a lot through Squidoo.
      I'm inclined to think HubPages suits my writing style a lot more. Less commercial pressure, more "writing for the love of it".

2. SusanDeppner profile image76
    SusanDeppnerposted 9 years ago

Never fear. There will be another payment in October so if you want to participate in the wagering, wager on!

3. Cari Kay 11 profile image88
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Still one more payout but I think our profile pages will be gone so this may, indeed, be our last blue box sad

4. hsschulte profile image83
    hsschulteposted 9 years ago

Not feeling nostalgic about the blue box as it had dwindled down to nothing in the past few months. Looking forward to my first green box. (Is it green here?) smile Forward with hope.

1. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What you get here is an email from HP and from PayPal.  Payment is on or before the 28th of the month following the month income (or accrued income) was earned, provided the amount is over the $50 minimum.

5. shellys-space profile image61
    shellys-spaceposted 9 years ago

I was so sad to tell my  charity partner Squidoo is done sad

1. profile image0
      Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is what I am also worried about. I have the charity account here but not sure how it will do as the Adsense on it still has not gone through for her. I have my fingers crossed she can hopefully still receive a minimum payout each month. I am presuming that the $50.00 will be difficult to reach some months.

2. hsschulte profile image83
      hsschulteposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can still donate to them independently. smile

6. CassandraCae profile image85
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

i made my last $4.90 from there, sad because it is going to take some time to build any income from here, i only have 9 hubs

7. profile image0
    Colin323posted 9 years ago

Well, kiddo, it's the end of Squidoo
    Farewell big squid, P-stars, and lenses too,
    forums, L.o.D, and 'Best of' -  adieu.
    But dry your eyes and don't you blub
    'cos now, dear friends, you can always hub.

(source: Thomas Hardy)

1. susi10 profile image96
      susi10posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I like that! smile

2. hsschulte profile image83
      hsschulteposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where's the like button?

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

If you have less than $1 in your Squidoo account, and all your content has moved to Hubs already, that was your last payment.

If not, there will be one more.

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't spend too much time here anymore, but I like Hubpages. I thought that Squidoo was always advertized as the superior site, so why was it terminated while Hubpages continues? Just  wondering.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Who said it was the superior site?   Squidoo did crow for a while, when HubPages got slapped in the first Panda and Squidoo didn't.  But Squidoo did eventually get hit, and badly, and it never recovered as well as HubPages did.

9. David Stone profile image73
    David Stoneposted 9 years ago

I had a good payout, with plenty still in the hopper. I am not nostalgic about it. It's time to move on, forget the bitter as well as the sweet, a conviction I've found easy to embrace now that HubPages has shown itself to be such a great place to land.

10. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

Sad to say that last night, I deleted the button on my bookmark bar that took me directly to the dashboard. Farewell, Squidoo!

11. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss.
    I used to have an internet family of sorts on a scrabble forum. Some of us even flew to meet each other in St. Louis. I spent hours with these ppl talking on our forum. We couldn't believe it when they closed it. It seems a bit silly, but it is a loss. I hope you'll all be happy here. The sting goes away. smile

12. Superkev profile image61
    Superkevposted 9 years ago

I've been trying to transfer my stuff from Squidoo but it seems like it is having me create a new Hubpages account rather than importing it to my existing HP account. Is there a way to just bring my content over to my HP account?

1. Arachnea profile image66
      Arachneaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've read in several pages that folks with existing hub pages accounts will have their stuff moved over after all the others. I'm not sure how that will work. Perhaps someone could elaborate, clarify or otherwise comment on this.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had several existing Hub accounts, and my stuff got moved over the very first night.

Whatever you think is happening is just someone's invented rumor.

2. David Stone profile image73
        David Stoneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had an active four year old hub account, and my lenses came over on the third day.

I think it's working as they said it would, transfers in sequence of when the transfer button got pushed.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I recall Paul saying the exact opposite, that accounts associated with HP would be moved first.  I'm sure it's quite an enormous undertaking.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No.  You must make a new HubPages account to transfer content.  This was first announced weeks ago.

http://hubpages.com/squidoo/faq

13. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

No, If you are a hubber, you have to have another account for your lenses.

14. Greekgeek profile image79
    Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

Wow. Almost exactly a tenth of what I was earning on Squidoo in 2012. Still 3 digits, but they are small ones.

Pardon me while I interrupt the moment of silence with a sigh of relief. My GG articles that transferred over to Mythphile are puttering along nicely, earning a squinch more than they did on Squidoo.

I'll take it. Because that's before I've fixed 'em all.

1. goatfury profile image91
      goatfuryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, GreekGeek! Sounds like you made the transition as seamlessly as you could expect.

1. Greekgeek profile image79
        Greekgeekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, I'm just very mellow about it. I have 250 articles to revamp by the end of the grace period and I almost can't start until the beginning of November, because I'm preparing to get a book printed.

It'll get done. If the QAP folks have to throw some of mine into Unfeatured status until I've corrected them, I don't mind. As long as they don't lock one of the transferred accounts because of the pages I haven't gotten to yet.

I'm just grateful that HP has done part of the work for me. It was so depressing, having to move articles I'd sunk so much effort into years ago, and rebuild everything on my own websites, with no guarantee  they'd work out. Having a helping hand with that -- especially since I have no idea how I'd hand-code all those mythology quizzes in Wordpress -- turns it from a depressing retreat into a much-needed round of spring cleaning with an assistant doing some of the preliminary setup.

Two of my accounts have moved over, one's still over on Squidoo.

15. Craftypicks profile image77
    Craftypicksposted 9 years ago

No it's not the last. The next one is the last. They put out a message about it yesterday.

16. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

relache, it's always great to get the straight scoop when one can find contradictions posted from time to time. of course, whenever possible it never hurts to provide a link to the official answer so as to alleviate any further confusion ... glad you did.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)