Amazon Payments I am so confused!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 9 years ago

Every month for the past few months I believed I should have got some sort of payment from amazon ads. But once again I have got that email stating I am not near my payment threshold. Now I know that I am, even if its not right up to date, only up to July I was at 140.00 dollars.

So my question is this, do we get our amazon payments in with our hub ad payments, and does it say? I don't think I have received it, in fact I have looked and looked, but no.

So can anyone let me know how, when and what it looks like when we do? thanks!

1. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mel, our Amazon and eBay payments are included in the HP earnings. If you look at your account page, you can see how much of your earnings are coming from each area. Go into My Account/Earnings/Balance History and it'll tell you how much each area has earned for you.

Nell Roseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I was under the impression that we may have all our accounts together, but when we get paid on the 28th we only receive hub ad money until like on amazon used to be, we got paid separately by them?

If you have Amazon included in HP earnings, they're not separate from what I understand. I had an Amazon Affiliates account for my blog. It seems when I agreed to combine it with HP (as recommended by HP), I lost my affiliate status with my website due to no purchases within 90 days. I think it's better to keep the Amazon affiliate with HP unless you have a huge amount of traffic on your own blog/website.

All in all, it's very confusing. I think you can still have an Amazon Affiliates account for your personal website, just make sure it's not connected to HP.

I really would like some clarification on this issue. I didn't lose my AA status on my site until I combined it with HP. Are they related? Was it coincidence? Was I penalized for combining my AA status with HP earnings? I'd love to know.

Thanks, the real question is, have I been paid with my hub ads each month or do I still need to get to 100 dollars to receive it?

I need to know if I am going to get a payment or not really, I was told at the beginning that it would still be over 100 dollars payout, and then we would get it all in one go, not a little bit at at time

I think it's time for an HP admin person to come in and clarify this issue. I have the same questions, Mel.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that.   I'm not sure whether you can apply again?   

You did not "combine" your Amazon affiliate account with HP - that's impossible.   You have a choice to use EITHER your own Amazon account OR sign up to be a member of HubPages' Amazon account.  The two are totally separate, and earnings can't be transferred between them.

HubPages recommends you join their scheme because they offer a higher commission rate.  However, if you also plan to use Amazon on your blogs/websites, it's better to stick to your own Amazon account on both, so all your earnings go into one account and you'll reach threshold faster.   

If you can't get another personal Amazon account, you can sign up for Skimlinks and use that to create Amazon ads on your websites.

hi Marisa, yes I am part of the Hub ads program, I just confused with payment from Amazon.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nell! It sounds like you are talking about your external Amazon affiliate account (outside of the HubPages Earnings Program). Your external Amazon Associates earnings will not pooled together with your HubPages Amazon Program earnings. The two programs are entirely separate. Does that answer your question?

Thanks Marina, no sorry If I wasn't clear. I am purely talking about my hub program with amazon. I was under the impression that even though they are joined I thought I still had to earn 100 dollars to get payment, I wasn't aware that amazon payments were included in my hub ad money each month. thanks

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76

Aha, understood! Yes, they are. For future reference, the graphic below helps illustrate the relationships between HEP and all of the programs (eBay, Ad, Amazon) under it. Glad you figured it out though!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8740484_f520.jpg

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

Nell, where are you seeing those figures?

If you're looking at Amazon.com, you're looking at your own personal Amazon account.  You can't see the earnings from the HP Earnings Program (Amazon component) there at all.

For your own personal Amazon account, you need to reach $100 because you're in the UK.   There's no minimum for the HP account because it's just lumped in with your other HP Earnings.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

Are you on the Hubpages Amazon plan or using your own affiliate ID?

Yes hubpages plan, thanks

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

On the HubPages plan, your Amazon payment gets combined with your regular earnings, and you get it on the 28th of the month after the month you reach $50.  However, there is another month's delay in the payments you get from Amazon. You can check your balance history, but unfortunately it does not tell you how much you have pending from Amazon.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Payout is $50 for hub pages.

Reach payout Oct 25, you get paid November 28th approx.

Reach payout Oct 31, you get paid December 28th approx.

That doesn't answer the question of Amazon Affiliates payout. Do we need to accumulate $100 before it's incorporated into our HP payout? What is the advantage of turning our affiliation over to HP if not?

Thats what I mean bravewarrior thanks, I can't figure it out, I should have checked ages ago! thanks for your help

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Amazon Associates:
    Pay me by direct deposit (United States Based Associates Only)
    ($10.00 minimum earnings)

Pay me by check
    ($100.00 minimum earnings or choose your own threshold above the minimum

You choose payment method

Can you supply a link attesting to that? Last I checked, it's $100 regardless of payment method. I've not put my payment preference in as receiving a check and my account tells me I have to earn $100 before payout happens. Or am I confusing that with AdSense?

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Bravewarrior: I just provided info for both the HP Amazon program and then the associates program.  HP Program is combined with HP Amazon program sales. Minimum is $50!!!

The minimum payout, IF BY CHECK, through your own Amazon associates accout is $100 min.     I am in USA and use direct deposit so my minimum is $10. 

Higher percentage with HP.

Hi Linda, sorry missed your comment. so we don't have to wait for 100 dollars for amazon, just combine it with the 50 of hub ads, is that right?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
        LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you earn

$20 from Hub Pages Earnings Program
        30$ in Amazon Sales from Hub Pages Amazon program

Total  $50  which means you met minimum for payment.Reach minimum before 28th, get paid the following month.  Reach minimum after 28th, then you wait 2 months to get paid.

Thanks Linda and bravewarrior, makes sense now, it was just the email I kept getting got me confused, but I realise now its because I haven't earned any other money from blogs etc, phew! sorry to be so complicated! lol!

2. Marketing Merit profile image94
          Marketing Meritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Looking at my stats, there appears to be an extra month's wait for Amazon earnings. For example:

HP Ads (Sept) $20
          eBay (Sept)    $  5
          Amazon (Aug) $25
          Total                $50 - payment threshold met 30 September
                                         - payment due 28th October
                                         - Amazon (Sept) earnings carried forward

Also, as far as I understand it, threshold needs to be met by the end of the calendar month, not the 28th. Payment is received on 28th of the following month.

Hope this helps! wink

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76

This is correct! Amazon Program payments are credited to your HEP balance after 60 days, while eBay and Ad Program earnings are credited after 30 days. The graphic in this FAQ entry illustrates the entire HEP payment cycle.

1. profile image0
              BarbaraCaseyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link! I printed the graphic for future reference.

2. bravewarrior profile image87

Thanx, Linda. I'm in the U.S. also. I may need to re-open my Amazon Affiliates account with my website so I can make some money there as well. Is that possible?

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Pay me by Amazon.com gift certificate/card
    Pay me by direct deposit (United States Based Associates Only)
    Pay me by check
    ($100.00 minimum earnings or choose your own threshold above the minimum.)

Right from Amazon Associates, Settings and click on payment settings.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Adsense requires $100 minimum.

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

Wow--They have to really work hard at it to make what should be a simple thing so complicated!!!

With everything digitized, electrified, and wi-fi'ed these days, I see no reason why your payment should be delayed an entire month or two, instead of being paid out within a week, at the longest!

After all, it is all done by computers, both  the tracking and the payout, automatically set per your preferences.

Apparently, not one single corporate head comprehends the "K.I.S.S." principle.

As for myself, I'm confused on a different level.  I have no other websites or blogs to which my Amazon affiliate account was applied.  So, I went ahead and let it combine with my HP earnings, since I made so very little (in fact nothing at all) from Amazon in the 2 or more years I've had the account.

That said, I tried to go into my Amazon account on their site the other day, and I could not find a single link that would take me there.  Not on the home page, not in the "my account" settings; not anywhere.   Nothing said "affiliate" account.  There was an "associates" link, but that seemed to deal more with people who were themselves selling things on Amazon's site.

To further confuse the matter, I must have signed up as an Amazon user at some point in the past, and now accidentally have two accounts.  I know for a fact that only one of those (the more recent) would be the one set up to link with HP, but I can't get anywhere...I can't even get in, because I don't remember the e-mail address I used, and so I can't send for the "forgot password" assist. 

I'm stuck.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

They delay it for a month to allow for returns (you don't get paid if an item is returned).   

You didn't "combine" your Amazon account with HP, you signed up for the HP Amazon program.   That is an internal program - basically, you've joined up to be part of HubPages' own Amazon account.   You can't see any information about that program on Amazon.com, because it's internally managed by HP.

Your own affiliate account should still be visible on Amazon, unless you deleted it?   If you're not using it, just forget about it - but when you log in to Amazon, you should see an "Earnings Summary" heading in the top bar if you have an affiliate account.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)