Is there anything we wont argue about?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (96 posts)
  1. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

So there was the whole "Dale thread", and the constant battle between the Atheists/Believers... I just read a thread where a woman singled out the HOTD. It seems there is no subject too small for at least a small group to take umbrage with.

So from now on, let's all talk about something no one could find fault with... BOY BANDS!
    Who doesn't love a good Boy band?! Guess we can just close the thread now. No one could possibly have anything negative to say about the likes of 98 degrees!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

How about the title to your forum.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have read none of the 20 posts, we need to talk.

3. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"Dale thread?"   At least I was polite enough to not name names, but to place ridicule upon me for a thread I posted?  Then ya'll wonder why I would create such a post, lol.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12085429.jpg

Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Im sorry. I thought you started the thread. I must have gotten that wrong when I referred to it as the "Dale thread." Maybe it was the "Paradigmsearch thread"... or possibly the "Faith Reaper thread".... let me just think for a moment.... uh no. It was definitely your thread that everyone was arguing on. You have probably just forgotten it or something. Don't worry. I forget things all the time.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80

I don't have a problem with you remembering it or not remembering it, nor the 600+ comments.  No need to act ignorant and above me on this issue.  Like I said, in that thread I did NOT name names, yet you put my name here.  I may have to do what you have told others to do, lol, and report a personal attack.

Some times I wonder about folks.........

You seem to be missing my very simple point, Dale. I used your name to identify the thread. Do you understand? That is not a personal attack, it is a fact. It was your thread and I called it your thread... that's what makes it factual.

One most interesting point that is worth knowing is that you can put your name into that little search thingy up there and low and behold, it will report everywhere you have been mentioned, in forums, hubs, comments, etc. smile  I track such things as I don't have the time to read here 24/7 as some do. smile

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I am glad you have found ways to keep busy here. Have a good new year Dale.

Thank you.  To clarify what I was talking about, if you wanted to see what someone Hubbed about you, commented about you, or mentioned about you in the forums, by name, you can put your name up there in the search box and find each instance. 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12086034.png

1. Writer Fox profile image33
                    Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you trying to make a joke here?  I mean, seriously, are you concerned that people are actually going to write a Hub about 'Dale Hyde?' 

I think people should be more concerned about what turns up on a Google search for their names.  Just put your name in quotes in the search box like this:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12087131.png

2. Michael Kismet profile image92
    Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

Hi Beth!

Lesbians with no interest in pop music would have a myriad of negative things to say about boy bands. I'd rather spin your post into a religious debate.  I use to be quite religious growing up, until I started asking questions, learning about the universe, exploring science..and ultimately concluded that Atheism isn't just a rational position, it is the ONLY rational position.

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That argument is lame  - and I'm an atheist, but lets focus on what really matters how kittens are cuter than puppies.  Boy bands suck. tongue

Kittens! The only thing kittens are good for is making slippers out of.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

want to chat to 2015?

Do you mean talk for 4 days straight?

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay, Christin & I agree on too many things, so I'm dropping by here to argue about kittens. They're adorable, and warmer than slippers.

Kittens are awesome with one flaw only, they grow up to be cats. The Broadway musical has ended (finally), so maybe if the powers that be want to make us super nauseous, they can do the next best thing... a new boy band. They'll be from Japan, call it Fee-Line and dress up like Hello Kitty. Nine year olds will lose their minds!

On a side note, did any of you hear that the makers of Hello Kitty say it is not actually a cat at all, but a little girl... with whiskers... and ears... on top? I wonder if we should be insulted that they think we are that gullible, or would we be even more gullible to care?

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Yes, Boy Bands are dumb.  But the entire Twilight saga is dumber. I read one out of foolish curiosity.  Can't believe our collective literary intellect has sunk that low.

I agree 100% I tried to check it out and I couldn't get through it.  yikes.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Rats.  Well, we agree on kittens being good, Boy Bands being stupid & Twilight even stupider.  Not sure what you & I can disagree about. Except I do believe in the God thing. I don't have the energy to argue about that, and I believe in everyone having their own thoughts on it.

Let's gang up & argue with Paradigm & Sed Me & the others?

Sure, sounds good - everyone needs to choose sides in a feud right? lol

2. Sed-me profile image79

Ill do you one worse, Marcy. I rented the movie... the first one only. The angst of 15 year old girls around the world was palpable. I swear I could smell them sweating and crying at the same time. The whole experience could be summed up in one word... "gross." There are some things we can't un-see.

3. fpherj48 profile image59
        fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey there, Michael & Christin & Marcy!.....what a team you make.  I agree and disagree, depending upon which statement I zero in on.   Christin......awwww, C'mon girl...kittens and puppies are equally as cute & adorable.
        I know absolutely nothing about the Twilight series except for the names and faces of the characters, which could hardly be avoided for a while there......so obviously I wouldn't argue about Twilight.
        Boy bands....Now you're picking a fight with me.....on purpose...you meanies!!   I love "One Direction"
        but before you start throwing rocks and screaming "Booooo  Boooooo"......Being a Mom of 4 adult sons, I have a soft spot for "boys."  Easy enough to understand.....and also, I thoroughly enjoy excellent harmony and they DO have that.  So....what-a-ya-say?  Can I get a pass on this one?  If not then insult me if you must and I only say this because I know you won't.  You're all on the "good guys" list.  I KNOW, because I took a Seasonal position at the North Pole and got a peek at Santa's List.

So, now I suppose someone is going to tell me I'm both stupid and crazy because I believe in Santa.
        To  that I say.....show me PROOF he does NOT exist!   

really just want to wish ALL of you a very Happy, Healthy & Magical New Year!......Peace, Paula
        Kudos to our Hostess, Beth.  Sed WHO?  Sed me.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12083782.jpg

Here's a Santa boy band for you. All your favorites in one.

1. snakeslane profile image81
            snakeslaneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You missed one:
            http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12083831.jpg

Who's that boy?

Harry Stiles

One Direction has an English boy in it? Do ppl know this?

One Direction are a British pop boy band based in London, comprising Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson - WiKi

2. fpherj48 profile image59

LOL....funny, Beth.  I have a lot of favorites of many categories.....shall we really get this thread a-rockin?   No, never mind.  Just kidding.

2. Sed-me profile image79

Sorry... off topic. Someone report this young man, please.

Back to Boy Bands... Backstreet Boys vs. One Direction. If you had to select one (as if anyone could choose!) to be stranded on a desert island with, which one would you pick?

Suicide, I'd choose to walk into the ocean and end it all - you forgot that choice which is far preferable to the other two. wink.

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ugh! If we were deserted on a desert island with them we'd either end up a parent or a babysitter. They aren't very mature.

3. Michael Kismet profile image92

Hey! Christin went off topic with kittens and puppies and their competitive cuteness, I don't see you calling the guards on her! At least my off topic comment was derived from something you mentioned in your post! Rawr!

Yes, but she didn't get on my nerves.

4. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

Boys to Men / Village People?

5. Michael Kismet profile image92

No need for a lengthy discussion in a forum.  Boy bands, Twilight, obviously target a certain demographic.  So, unless you're a prepubescent girl, you're not likely to be a devout fan.  It's all about making money.

Kismet - when I was the age of that demographic, I was reading legitimate literature (Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, etc.) - not that junk. I agree that it targets a certain demographic, but the demographic is not limited to age and gender. There's a serious decline in the quality of literature that early teens read.

6. Michael Kismet profile image92

Point taken Marcy, but It wasn't my intent to imply that ALL young women would be taken in by the appeal of boy bands and Twilight books. For the record, I do concur with you that they're dumb, but not without a sense of purpose.  Unfortunately, 9 answers out of 10 questions is usually--monetary gain.

I'd love to argue with you on that one, Kismet (after all, that's the goal of this thread), but I agree - the bottom line is money. It just saddens me to see the way quality has suffered in that tradeoff.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

As stands.

7. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Some boy bands are ok, some are crap..like everything ellse. I'd much rather be stranded on an island with a girl band however smile
    Kittens are cute, so are puppies. But lots of people can argue for one over another. Religion vs atheism  should be avoided. How about 'mothers'...or 'babies'..will anyone argue about them?

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Serious. Anyone have an office chair rock in a bad bad way? Not kidding. Cure?

Don't rock.

2. Writer Fox profile image33
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Don't drink ten beers all at once. tongue

I hadn't thought about that.

User error.

2. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

9. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 9 years ago

I'd like to weigh in on the religious boy band that likes kittens and puppies debate:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12083645.jpg
    As anyone can see from this photo, a ktten is aggresive and will attack your sweet puppy.
    There now, that should add fuel to the fire!
    The boy bands I found do not like kittens or puppies. It was all rather sad to discover that.

See?! Cat = evil. Puppy = super awesome. lol

2. Louise Urbana profile image58
      Louise Urbanaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Boyband + puppies
      (and for the record, the guy in the upper left is known for being religious).
      http://bit.ly/1wtPMEx

Wait... that's Mark Wahlburg's bro, right?

1. Louise Urbana profile image58

Hmmm... no. You're thinking of Donnie of NKOTB.... This is BSB.

Ok, so I don't know much about boy bands... but I *can tell you that several singers from... NKOTB came into the last store I worked in. Nick Carter I guess? There were two girls there that adored him and would go on their cruises, go back stage etc. It would be safe to call them stalkers.

Nick is from BSB (He's the guy who is front center in the above picture, but he was only about 17 or 18 in that photo)... The guys in the photo going clockwise from top left: Brian Littrell, AJ McLean, Kevin Richardson, Nick Carter, and Howie Dorough. .... Yeah, I know what you mean about the "stalkers" - I've been to concerts, never have met them, and couldn't afford one of those cruises even if I wanted to go on one.

Oh sorry... I don't know anything.
                My other friend likes that guy with the goatee. They talk about them constantly. Nick lives here and the girls would follow his tweets and sit outside his gym and stuff. If he minded, he didn't complain, though he probably should have. Our store served an exclusive neighborhood where he lived... they would even drive past his house. Ay yi yi.

big_smile You're doing better than me in getting "up close and personal" -- My fave was/is Kevin (far right), but he had the nerve to leave for about 6 years!! (He's back now.) .... Nick is the most popular. His new wife is probably the most hated of the five BSB wives because of that. Fans are crazy. They get so mad if there's competition.

hahaha... you're exactly right! That's what my co worker would always say... she would go on and on about how much she hated his wife. She would say terrible things about her as if she knew her or stood ANY chance with the guy if she was out of the way. I thought it was just her. lol

2. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I vote up for the puppies!

I need to find a better photo. Kevin's puppy (Kevin's on the far right) got clipped out!!! sad

1. colorfulone profile image77
            colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, now I see that. Didn't notice that puppy was missing before. But than, Kevin is a cute lad. smile

LOL ... Kevin has experimented with so many looks over the years (only AJ beats him on that one)... I think we could have a thread solely devoted to which Kevin look is the scariest! I vote for the braids.  (These pics are in chronological order, his current look is the lower right.)
              http://on.fb.me/13N3dsL

OK not sure why my link isn't working but cut and paste --> http://on.fb.me/13N3dsL

3. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12085817_f248.jpg

10. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

One person's junk reading is another person's holiday escape.

Lo siento, mi amiga/amigo.

11. snakeslane profile image81

One thing I will say in favor of Boy Bands, they do have unique hair, and I bet living on a desert island would not change that.

I guess I would prefer a boy band to a girl band. I don't think Id want to spend years things like, "Please pass the guava, Sporty Spice."

12. Kalafina profile image65
    Kalafinaposted 9 years ago

For years my older sister had an undying passion for Kevin Richardson. (He once waved to her from a tour bus after a concert and she never forgot it). Now she's grown up a bit but I found it amusing the first time I met her now-husband he had a bit of the look of Kevin Richardson, her long-time teenage love. She still remembers those Backstreet Boy days fondly....

Wasn't he the guitarist for the Rolling Stones?

1. fpherj48 profile image59

LOL.....OMG, Beth...you're kidding, right?   You're funny...  That's "Keith Richards"........and he and The RS have only been around since ..(probably before you were born)   forever!....Are you just playing the part of "Legally Blonde?".......LOL

Yeah, I was just kidding. We are talking about bands that make me feel young and old. We went from this boy band...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12083945.jpg

to this...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12083948.jpg

13. snakeslane profile image81

How can anybody not love these guys?:
    One Direction

I need to watch that soon. The Office is on now. I have some pretty serious priorities when it comes to The Office.

14. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

It's funny how the Stones were old, even in their hay day.
    They're like middle aged in that photo.

15. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Got it fixed! For future reference to all that have office chairs. Pull the lever while sitting in the chair. Sink down as low as it goes. This resets and realigns everything. Then adjust as to your specs. And this concludes my good deed post of the day.

16. carol forsyth profile image60
    carol forsythposted 9 years ago

has anyone heard of DreamStreet?

No, but I googled it. They must not have been very good, eh?

1. carol forsyth profile image60
        carol forsythposted 9 years agoin reply to this

they were from a long time ago. when i was like 7 i think? Jesse McCartney was the main singer. i thought they were good lol but then again i was a kid lol

Oh my gosh. Even I remember that name. Was he like Aaron's little brother or big brother? Oh wait... I did it again. That's was stupid. Im thinking of Aaron Carter. I really do remember that name though.

1. carol forsyth profile image60
            carol forsythposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol yea. look up jesse mccartney and you will remember him

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)