Rid the Earth of One Thing

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (35 posts)
  1. ALL4JESUS profile image75
    ALL4JESUSposted 9 years ago

If you could redi the earth of one thing, what would it be?

1. ALL4JESUS profile image75
      ALL4JESUSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oops, typo - rid the earth not redi the earth but perhaps redi the earth is better yet! smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You know, you have 10 minutes to edit your posts after you push send.

2. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image66
        J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 years agoin reply to this

GREED and POWER! We have too much of that happening here on our once pristine planet.

1. Sam Montana profile image76
          Sam Montanaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Greed has destroyed everything. Greed can be a good thing at times when held in check, but the current trend of greed at all costs is destroying the planet and life on this planet.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mosquitos. They don't do anything but suck blood!  big_smile

1. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, mosquitoes. My brother could have died last summer because of a mosquito that drank blood from a dead bird, then sucked on his blood. He has recovered to 80%, still hoping for 100% recovery.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

violence!

4. Christy Kirwan profile image94
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Email spam and traffic jams. smile

5. profile image0
      Miran Shuletaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No easy answer to this, personally I would say terminal illnesses like cancer.

6. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Fanatical and extremist religions.

7. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Negativity. The problem is I have to start w/ me! lol

8. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Trash and waste, too much had cost global warming

2. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

Humans or chihuahuas, not sure which.

3. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Tornadoes.  I love Spring, but it brings with it the risk of these terrible storms and there is no way to really prepare or "tornado proof" your home like you can for other disasters.

4. Barbara Kay profile image75
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I agree with everyone about mosquitoes, but I would like to see ISIS gone.

5. Sam Montana profile image76
    Sam Montanaposted 9 years ago

Cancer. Ridding the Earth of that would be nice. I sometimes wonder if there really isn't a cure yet.

6. lisavanvorst profile image65
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

Poverty. No child or adult should go hungry or live on the streets. The United States is one of the richest counties, but yet our food banks are empty, our children and millions of adults cannot afford to pay their health coverage and thus do not go to doctors for their illnesses and many live in deplorable conditions, on the streets or drug/roach infested motels. It should not be that way. My other answer would be illness/sickness. With all our medical science we should by now have cures for Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease and various mental illnesses. I believe there are cures out there, however that would mean our pharmaceutical companies and doctors wouldn't be rich if these cures were released to society.

7. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Self-centeredness, sense of entitlement, and ego. Wouldn't it nice to see people operate outside of themselves, be more patient and considerate?

Child abuse. Enough said.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image94
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Love these! Agree 100%!

8. profile image0
    Laurie Viposted 9 years ago

I agree with getting rid of ego, if we could do that, then I think everything else would take care of itself. No ego means no greed, need for power/control and a lot of fear would be gone too.

1. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1 smile

9. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

HATE

10. Romeos Quill profile image80
    Romeos Quillposted 9 years ago

Death. Great question.

11. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

spiders

12. Di Robinson profile image69
    Di Robinsonposted 9 years ago

Agree with all of these. Cockroaches come to mind, both the human and insect kinds.

13. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years ago

insects..there are no insects in heaven wink

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How do the flowers get pollinated? smile

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image75

I was there a while ago and saw cockroaches and mosquitos with white angel wings! I just wonder if they bite over there and suck angel blood. I was so scared to find out that I jumped down from heaven and came back to earth!  big_smile

1. profile image0

Wonderful, Consolacion !   I sincerely hope you didn't land in a rice field arriving back on Earth!

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image75

I did, my friend, and got bitten by real insects that suck the daylights out of me!  big_smile

1. profile image0

I have a really wonderful stay over Christmas with friends in Pangasinan region.  Blessings to you in Philippines.
            Rice, banana, corn, goats, cows, chicken, ducks, geese,...........what more could we want in life? !  Only tricycles and jeepnees, maybe.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image75

My mother's side of the family are from Pangasinan. I enjoy going north every once in a while and enjoy the sights. There are rice farms everywhere where you see cows, carabaos, ducks, chicken, and goats roaming around the fields. I stay in the city but I enjoy farm life as I am a farmer, too. Which reminds me to write about GMO seeds and climate change and its effect on farmers.  smile

14. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

Alzheimer's disease.

When I woke my Mom up from a nap for lunch today, she was disorientated for about 15 minutes. She asked me where she was because she didn't know. She looked confused, scared and had tears in her eyes. I cannot imagine how scary that would have been without someone at home to comfort her and tell her she must have been having a dream.

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image66
      J - R - Fr13m9nposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If that ever happened to me it would trigger a panic attack. There is a movie circulating in theaters called "Like Alice".  It is about a woman who is 50 years old who has a rare genetic disorder which makes her experience bouts of dementia. The viewer sees a view which normally the person having the episode sees and experiences.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)