Not featured hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. pagesvoice profile image72
    pagesvoiceposted 9 years ago

Can HubPages show your hub as "not featured" even when people are still commenting on it? Just sign me out as a 5 year plus Hubber who is more confused and disgruntled here than ever before.

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
      LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, pagesvoice, I believe that can happen. I just found a fascinating hub, but when I went to the profile page of the author, the hub wasn't there.

I commented on it and shared it, so she'll be getting comments ... and hopefully with the new activity, the hub may become featured again. I hope so, because I consider it to be a very worthy hub.

Perhaps your unfeatured hub will also be reinstated.

1. pagesvoice profile image72
        pagesvoiceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, but it sure does seem as though things have changed here and not necessarily for the better.

2. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I warm to the sentiments you express in your Profile.   And can understand your frustration here.
      I get the impression many Hubbers have left these forums because of apparent inconsistencies in the management decisions.   Are they all made impersonally by some computer algorithm?
      If you know of a more friendly, responsive and credible site to exchange good conversation, please let me know.
      I would be reluctant to leave HP, because I have met some really great people here and would be sorry to leave them behind.

1. Venkatachari M profile image82
        Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great reply. I also feel the same attitude with HubPages. I do not find more friendly and credible site than this. I consider myself to be fortunate to find out this site a year ago accidentally. All people here are so nice and friendly. And I can never think of quitting.

2. pagesvoice profile image72

I understand the reluctance to leave because of the people. However, luckily I've made FaceBook friends with many of our hubber writers and those have grown into long lasting friendships.

2. GizSleep profile image56
    GizSleepposted 9 years ago

I haven't been using this site regularly for too long now but I think a featured hub has a lot to do with traffic, but i could be wrong. My Hub will be featured one day and not the next.

1. Easy Exercise profile image85
      Easy Exerciseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi GizSleep,
      Have you tried all the suggestions HP gives at the top about images, horizontal photo dividers, copyright and APA capitalization?
      Also, you might wish to try spell checking especially the first and last capsule.
      I have found that my grammar and punctuation have held my hubs back and have taken to a free add-in called Grammarly. It takes a little bit more time but it much more comprehensive making the hub better and scoring higher but most importantly making the user experience better.
      And lastly consider adding free images from a site such as Pixabay.
      Hope that helps.
      Best of luck to you.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi pagesvoice,
        The changes are so frequent and arbitrary it's almost impossible to keep up, especially if you have a large body of hubs. But many writer sites have folded, this one and Wizzley are the only ones left, and they aren't doing too well either.

Sadly, the administration is doing anything they can to get back in Google's good graces, and will try anything to see if it sticks. I doubt that the site will ever be what it was. But the people are friendly and it's kind of fun to hang  around.

Sometimes just adding a sentence or a few new pictures can get your hub featured again. It doesn't take much.

1. profile image0

So, what is going on with Google?  I hear reports that they are (or are becoming) the most dominant search engine.   They are changing their algorithms to push out any business solely dependent upon desk-top computers.  Is that right?   They are pushing for more and more dependence on smart cell phones and tablets.  Is that right?
          Are we seeing the sort of world depicted by George Orwell?  The Big Brother syndrome?

2. pagesvoice profile image72

I also doubt it will ever be what it once was.

2. GizSleep profile image56
        GizSleepposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the advice, I'll begin looking through my hubs now and see if I can implement any of those suggestions!

3. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

The people commenting on your hub are probably hubbers. In order for your hub to be featured, it needs to draw traffic from the search engines also.
    Why are you worried about that hub that is doing so poorly that it is idled for lack of traffic? Instead of being disgruntled, why not write and publish other hubs that will draw more traffic?

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1
      A breath of fresh air.

2. profile image0

Thank you.  Positive approach.  "Breath of Fresh Air," hopefully.

4. Uzochukwu Mike profile image77
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

Yes,your featured hub can get unfeatured.Hubpages update their standard regularly and that is the reason.

5. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 9 years ago

That's a bit worrisome to think about. So if many of your hubs don't bring in the traffic, then they'll all become unfeatured? I read somewhere that they'll give beginners around 6 months to gain traffic before hubs lose their featured status.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)