jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

RESOLVED: Unable to Edit Comments Capsules in Hubs.

1. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I have been trying to complete and publish my latest hub for three days now without success. I can cut and paste from word etc to the comment capsule, but after that I am unable to edit the text or move the capsule to the right etc. I thought it may just have been a problem with the new hub but I tried to edit older hubs and the same thing happens. When I open the capsule for editing it is wider than the whole hub and the rest of the hub doesn't fade into the background either. I have tried both with my pc and Google Chrome, also with my iPad and Safari and it is the same with both. An error message appears at first saying "Something's wrong, try refreshing the hub" or something to that effect. This has only happened since the new hub layout was introduced.

1. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

John, why are you adding copy to the comment capsule? Do you mean text capsule?

1. Jodah profile image88
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, sorry I meant "text" capsule Shauna.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi John, do you mean a text capsule, surely not a comment capsule?  Sorry for your publishing troubles and Internet troubles.  You may have to clear your cache or whatever ... I was told that once and reboot?  I am sorry, I am no techy person, but I am surprised no techy person has come to help you or HP Team member?  They all may be off for Mother's Day.  I hope it resolves soon.

Blessings

3. Writer Fox profile image77
      Writer Foxposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If you are still having problems with this, Jodah, post it in the Technical Problems forum:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/category/3001

4. colorfulone profile image90
      colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I mentioned the same problem in another thread and saw your comment about this there. It does 'seem' to be a browser problem I am having with Chrome on a Windows 8.1 latest version because I do not have this problem on my Chrome OS with the Text capsule. 

What OS are you using, Jodah?

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have edited text, photo, all of my capsules on 2 Hubs when I refeatured them in the last 2 days with Chrome and Win 7. Have you tried Firefox and IE? Clear your cache, check anti-virus and anti-malware. If you have CCleaner, use that. Try again. If problem persists then do what Writer Fox suggested.

1. Jodah profile image88
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks everyone, it has finally come good and I am once again able to edit my text capsules. I had the same problem on Firefox, Chrome and Safari originally so it wasn't a problem with an OS or a cane needing clearing because happened on more than one device. Whatever was the problem rectified itself.

1. colorfulone profile image90
          colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is good to know. Must have been a glitch. Maybe my text capsule problems will correct themselves too.  - Cheers!

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
            Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's great John!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

colorfulone,
    What problems are you having with text capsules?

working