jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Change username

1. supremeupbeat k profile image28
    supremeupbeat kposted 2 years ago

I see some users like to change their username. But they cannot do because of rules of the hubpages. Sometimes some users feel to change their user names for certain unavoidable reason. Most of the social sites like facebook, twitter etc allow users to change their usernames for a several times. Thus why does hubpages not bring such provision for change of username for a certain number of time. They must do this.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Since your user name is part of each of your hubpages, each of your pages would have to change in order for your user name to be changed.  You can create a new name, unpublish all your hubs, and republish under your new name, but then you will lose all the activity, comments and history that your pages have.  This will also be difficult to prove the age of your hub if anyone has stolen any of your content.

supremeupbeat kposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are right. So why has HubPages not considered the points? It must give opportunities to change one's username at least for a certain number of time like Facebook or twitter .

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Some hubbers have multiple accounts with a different user name for each account.

MsLizzy and Millionaire Tips know what they are talking about and have given you good advice.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this
  2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

Because Hub Pages is a serious article-writing site for serious writers.

It is not a social-media sharing site like Face Book or Twitter.  Hub Pages has nothing in common with those sites.

If you want to develop a following, not only must you write good, informative articles, using excellent English spelling and grammar, on 'evergreen' topics for which readers will search, but you must maintain consistency in your online identity.

That is one very good reason for not having name changes on a whim.  If you develop a following, then change your name, no one will be able to find you, and you will lose all you have gained.

Hub Pages knows what it is doing, and that is helping the writers to gain traffic.

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Why do you want to change your username, are you no longer supremely upbeat? I hope you can get your groove back.

Intellectually humorous answer I obtain, but sir I want a microscopic change in my name.

I am supremely upbeat and will be.

working