jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Appropriate Google Ads.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 10 years ago

I mentioned this when I first joined and I am wondering about the amount of Google ads for tattoos I see when I go to my Hubs. I write about cooking and the south of France. Is there any way of fiddling with the ad code to get more appropriate ads. Or am I just being picky?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image95
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How about tatoos of great dishes and the latest cooking wares?...Just kidding!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

It can take google a few requests to digest the content of your hub in order to match ads to it.  Until they've done that, they make a guess based on what type of pages are getting the most traffic on the entire domain (all of hubpages.com).  There are a lot of hubs about tattoos getting traffic right now, so thus you see tattoo ads.  I don't think there is much we can do to change that, but in general it should resolve it self once your page has gotten a bit of traffic.

3. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 10 years ago

Don't despair Mark, once Google has sorted out what your hub is about it'll find extremely targeted and appropriate ads.

I just did a quick look at 4 of my Star Wars themed ones and one did have tattoo ads, but the other three were all about Star Wars. And when I refreshed the one with the tattoo ads it then showed more Star Wars ads.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 10 years ago

Ok,

Thanks guys.

5. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 10 years ago

If your content and tags are tightly focused, that issue should resolve rather quickly.

6. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 10 years ago

Paul,

You can use <!-- google_ad_section_start --> and <!-- google_ad_section_end --> around text capsules to make ads more targeted. That's absolutely legitimate and listed in adsense help.

1. sunforged profile image75
      sunforgedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I always wondered if this worked on Hubs, was it ever implemented?

It should be!

7. teeray profile image70
    teerayposted 9 years ago

Sorry - but the funniest thing I've heard today was Patty Inglish's food/tatty joke! OMG I love it. Sorry - no helpful comments for your adsense ad dilemma, Mr. Knowles.

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Thanks anyway. I like a good joke anyway. I was thinking of getting a tattoo but can't decide whether to have a "Teflon" one or not.

9. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I never checked. I guess not, but I am not going to bitch around about it. lol

I have it on all my sites that use adsense though. smile

1. sunforged profile image75
      sunforgedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

me too, thought maybe there was an html trick i wasnt aware of here, thanks for answering - i found this ancient thread because i was going to request such a feature - seems like a waste of time if it was brought up years ago and never implemented

working