jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What to learn from Arvind. Unethical advertisements killed Bubblews?

1. DasEngel profile image61
    DasEngelposted 2 years ago

I think the main thing that killed Bubblews was greed. It's that plain and simple. Arvind wanted to make quick bucks, so he had allowed unethical advertisements on his website's pages. He made some money, but he lost the trust and loyalty of his authors and readers. Ultimately, we all know what happened.

I think after the Bubblews tragedy, we online folks need to recheck ourselves.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I think they just didn't know what the #$%@ they were doing.

DasEngelposted 2 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image100
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This.

First of all, they got themselves far too deeply in debt from the outset, so deeply that there was no hope of them ever recouping those losses.

In the early days, the site rewarded writers for taking actions which didn't earn any money for the site - things like liking and commenting on each other's posts, instead of for writing good content.   Also anyone who has ever written for Adsense revenue knew that the amounts paid were far in excess of what the site was actually earning at that time.

The logic was to attract lots and lots of writers and make the site hugely popular, so that when they had to stop paying, people would be so addicted they would stay on.  It didn't work, not surprisingly!

Doubtful advertising may have played a part, but only a small part.

DasEngelposted 2 years agoin reply to this

They have sold the domain name (Bubblew.com) to an 'online polo' company big_smile

3. DasEngel profile image61
    DasEngelposted 2 years ago

Meanwhile, these advertisements at the bottom of these pages look pretty colorful these days. smile

working