jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)

why are all my comments unapproved?

1. profile image0
    LAmatadoraposted 8 years ago

Every time I comment on a hub or even comment on my own hubs they come out unapproved..Does this make sense?

1. AEvans profile image79
      AEvansposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't make sense to me my friend ..I am certain that someone will figure it out , GT where are you???lololo big_smile

1. profile image0
        LAmatadoraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Am I being punished by Admin for deleting my old profile? lol
        I don't get it.

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
      GeneriqueMediaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Generally, depending on how someone's account is set up the owner of the Hub is set to "approve" the comment. You'll always be able to deny your own, but as far as I know since I've never messed with the settings on my account...they should show up.

G|M

1. profile image0

I had been on here for 9 months and I am an expert on HP...this is a new profile ( for personal reasons) I deleted my old one. and I never had this problem before

3. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It has happened to me and princessa before. You can try updating the browser and/or starting a fresh session. Here is the thread about a similar problem: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/12317#post140191

1. profile image0

i appreciate it but its not my computer, I had an account for 9 months and not one problem. As soon as I delete it and make a new one now all my comments come out as Spam

1. countrywomen profile image61

Well then you can contact team@hubpages.com if you suspect it has anything to do with your account. But I still believe it could be an issue at your end. Good luck smile

1. profile image0

thank you !! I don't know how it can be on my end since HP only allows so much to be done on settings. So I am sure I did nothing

Have you tried logging into your account(and performing the same actions i.e., posting comments) from different browsers and different systems to rule out the possibility that it could be due to your current system/browser?

1. profile image0

yes I have it doesn't work..

Have you gone through the other thread I mentioned. Usually if any updates are needed for the browsers this happens and also you can try holding shift/refresh (as suggested by Paul & mentioned DingDong). And what all browsers did test? Do you have the latest versions/updates of them? If all else fails then wait for the response after you have sent them an email (Usually between 9 to 5 PM PST tmw they should be able to get back to you). smile

1. profile image0

thanks

2. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 8 years ago

when it comes out on my screen, it reads as spam, I think it has to do with the verification process

1. profile image0

what verification?

GT: Help!!!big_smile

2. goldentoad profile image61
        goldentoadposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't know...email?

3. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 8 years ago

How many comments have you posted in the last 24 hours?

1. profile image0

I am not sure why?

Well sometimes when too many one/two word comments are posted then the system treats it as spam. But in your case according to your history not that many comments were posted(and hopefully not two words comments like good/nice hub...) smile

1. profile image0

ha ha yeah I wouldn't do that!

I will give it a few days. Maybe because I am using a new profile and like you said not too many comments have been made in general. But I am seriously annoyed by it. I was so used to commenting all the time and never having a problem with my old profile

Don't worry it will be fine:D

working