jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Expenses Involved While Selling your Own House

1. Kanika Saxena profile image81
    Kanika Saxenaposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Expenses Involved While Selling your Own House (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

1 I think your title needs to be more keyword orientated. Perhaps 'cost of selling house' or 'selling a house expenses'

2. Your titles needs to have capital lettersfor every word in the title except the minor words like and and the.

3. Add another two photos, one or two videos and a possible poll.

4. Use links to supportive articles. It adds credibility.

5  The existing photo you have used is not particularly attractive. Visual impact does a lot to draw people. I say that because when someone shares your link, the photo comes up. If the photo isn't interesting, people will pass it by.

6. Your information is solid. Good. smile And your command of language is acceptable and easy to read. smile

7. Vary the word 'expenses' with 'costs.

Nice, useful hub. smile I certainly found it informational which is what I like smile

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image87
      SakinaNasir53posted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kanika Saxena! Welcome to HubPages. ☺
      I agree with Tess. Also, I would like to add that, make your hub a little longer. I think it is short.

Good luck!

I thought about that, but then it occurred to me that there might not be much more to it. Generally, I try to write more than 1200 words... I think Marisa Wright puts it at 1300 words.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago

It seems kind of generic to me, like maybe you've never actually sold a house. You don't talk about options, you don't discuss using a realtor, you don't give any idea of how much any of these things will cost.  For length you could get into some of the details like costs associated with an open house, costs of taking a lower offer versus waiting, and why you shouldn't take your realtors advice on that matter etc.

Good points. Then, again, Hubpages is international. What it costs in India, America, the UK, Aussie, and other placees are all different.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

This is true, but I don't think internationally generic advice is actually very helpful in this area.

It's like a recipe for a cake that names some but not all of the ingredients and that's all.

You might have a point. I did, however, find it interesting and helpful, so perhaps it depends on what level of help one is searching for.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
            psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I looked at it as someone who was searching for this info about a year ago because I needed to know about it.  Sorry, but this would not have helped me.  Not only is much missing some of what is there (about who does inspections, why and when, and who pays for it) would have been incorrect for my situation.

Okay, I'll go with that. smile I've never really looked, but I just found it interesting. smile

3. daydreams profile image93
    daydreamsposted 8 months ago

I would second the advice about this being too generic.

This would not help me either if I was selling my house - I would be looking for guidance specific to the country I live in.

working