jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Am I the only person missing half the forums?

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13423661.png

I only just realised today, when trying to find a forum post I knew I'd replied to, that there are two different forum sections - and that each one has a DIFFERENT list under 'my posts'. Am I really really behind or is this something that everyone knows?

Also, is Hubpages planning to ever make the forums more mobile friendly? In the 7 years I've been here, there have been no major changes to the forums. Maybe if Hubpages had Tapatalk or any other easy way to access forums on mobile, then maybe people would visit them more and it could be the a more active place?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I think it's been a few years now (a very long time, I'm sure it's years) since topical forums are separated from the general HP based forum topics.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 6 months ago in reply to this

HP are considering some kind of wall, I hear. It will be a very, very tall wall and the topical forum dwellers will pay for it.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
          lobobrandonposted 6 months ago in reply to this

lol I now know what you sound like, Will.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago

It's been like that for a very long time and I, for one, am glad of it.  The topical forums are full of so much rubbish.

3. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 6 months ago

I only realized it myself recently, when a thread I had been following had a random recipe added to it by a spammer, and a mod moved the whole thing to a cooking forum. While poking around over there, I think I ran into DB Cooper and Amelia Earhart.

4. eugbug profile image94
    eugbugposted 6 months ago

I haven't figured out how to list all discussions I've started. "Yours" only lists forums that I have contributed to, both mine and others'. Perhaps it would be useful also if the topical forums could have their content shifted to relevant niche sites. I think it would complement/enhance them and also give non-HubPages visitors the opportunity to submit questions which could be answered by "experts"! Or maybe it's better to keep questions and answers on hubs?

working