jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Earnings...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 months ago

I'm not sure of the reasoning, but it is so frustrating, for those of us not making the payout threshold on a monthly basis, to have to wait an additional month for payment.  For example, I am on track to make payment by the end of this month, and that includes Jan., Feb., and Mar.  But, I know I won't see the money in my PayPal account until the end of April!!

In our circumstances, it would be really helpful to see the funds as soon as they are earned, or at least, within a week.  I don't understand the delay.

I know when I worked in an accounts payable department for a major bakery, it was their policy to pay vendors on a 30 day schedule,  except for any small mom-and-pop vendors.  Those got paid as soon as the invoices hit.

We writers here are the 'small mom-and-pops' of the writing world, and it sure would be nice if we could be paid promptly.

Thanks for considering this revision.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 months ago

The delay is because some of those earnings have to be confirmed by third parties such as Amazon, so it's not within HubPages' control.

3. Ilonagarden profile image87
    Ilonagardenposted 7 months ago

It's very normal to have a threshold met before payment, and Adsense, Amazon, Zazzle and many Affiliates programs have them. The payment a month after meeting a threshold is also pretty standard. 

I have one affiliate program that has languished for more than a year under their threshold, and I keep hoping I'll some how earn just a couple more dollars to finally get satisfaction, lol!

Hubpages is more than reasonable in how they operate with payments. So congratulations on your upcoming payment! smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 7 months agoin reply to this

I was not talking about the threshold amount; I'm okay with that.  I was referring to the month delay in receiving payment once the threshold is reached...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Like I said, it's because your earnings are only estimated.  The money is actually paid to HubPages by advertisers and Amazon, and HubPages has to wait for them to agree the amount before they can issue payment.

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 7 months ago

Until the money is issued to you, it's no more than an estimate and Hubpages has no real control over it.

I use an advertising management company for one of my sites and their estimates change up till even a week before payment. Sometimes, their payments are even delayed. Because they handle multiple companies, some of which pay out in 30 days while other take 60 or even 90 days.

The reasons that various advertisers can't always guarantee payouts include refunds, cross checks (for fake clicks) and changes in the deals they have with various companies. There are a lot of steps from a company signing up for an advert through to the payment you receive!

working