jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Hubpages ad program vs. Google adsense!!!

1. Jasmeetk profile image75
    Jasmeetkposted 5 months ago

My experience with google ad program is not good!! I am shifted back to hubpages earning program.

After reading a post on hubpages that google ad program pays better than hubpages ad program, I deactivated my hubpages ad program for 1 month. On adsense, I earned only [SNIPPED] per day and on hubpages, I earn [SNIPPED] per day. I can see impressions, views and clicks but the pay rate is not equivalent.
    Please advice!!

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 5 months agoin reply to this

You have to get a fairly significant amount of traffic to earn a good amount from adsense: I'd say at least several hundred views per day, but, more like, at least a thousand views a day.

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 5 months ago
  3. jeffzod profile image60
    jeffzodposted 5 months ago

I would advice to stick to the program that works best for you.

4. stephenteacher profile image84
    stephenteacherposted 5 months ago

Isn't it one and the same?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Er - no. 

In order to make any money on HubPages, you must have an Adsense account. If you don't, none of the other advertising programs work.

Once you've got your Adsense account, you can choose to sign up for the HP Earnings Program, which includes Amazon and HP Ads.  This doesn't disable Adsense, it's an add-on.

If you sign up for HP Ads, then HP ads largely replace Adsense ads on your Hubs.  Most of your earnings will come from HP Ads, and because very few Adsense ads are displayed, you'll make mere pennies from Adsense.

At any time, you can choose to disable HP Ads and in that case, your Hubs will show Adsense ads only.   

Some people find they make more money when HP Ads is switched on.  Some people find they make more money when they stick with Adsense only.   It varies depending on the subject you write about.

5. mchllhwgt profile image80
    mchllhwgtposted 5 months ago

Is there a difference in ad/brand/reputation quality between the two programmes?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 months agoin reply to this

No. Both can vary.

working