jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

receiving payment through paypal

1. Anolinde profile image87
    Anolindeposted 3 months ago

Hi,

I received an email from Hubpages saying that they tried to pay me my earnings to my paypal account but couldn't (just said that attempt to pay failed).  Does anybody have (or has anyone had) a similar problem?  What do you think is the problem?  I have received payment from Hubpages once before (years ago, LOL) with no problems, so I don't know if something's changed.  I use Paypal to pay for stuff all the time and I never had any problems PAYING! 

Thanks for any help/info!

Jane

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Go into your account settings and make sure the email associated with your PayPal account is correct smile

1. Anolinde profile image87
        Anolindeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

It is sad (I only have one account)

2. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 3 months ago in reply to this

This is kind of a toughie. Only thing I can think of is that maybe it's a fake email. Seems unlikely, and I've never gotten an email that was a fake HP email, but I did recently get a fake one masquerading as paypal. It looked totally legitimate and something didn't seem right about it and I looked it up on the Net and it was a scam; claiming that a "suspicious login" occurred on my paypal and tried to get me to click a link to login to unlock my account. Only problem is, I'd recently logged into my paypal with no problem, so I knew something was fishy.

Anyway, I kind of doubt that this is the problem with the email you received. I'm thinking your best bet is to email Hubpages and ask them.

3. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hello Anolinde, Please send a message to team@hubpages.com and we will take a look. This is most likely an issue with your PayPal settings.

working