jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Self-Featured Articles on Profile...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

I was changing the articles I feature on my profile 'carousel,' and one of my newer ones did not show up in the list of my articles.

It was moved to 'SpinDitty.'  So, am I to understand that only articles remaining here, on the HP main site can be so featured?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

That has not been my experience. I have several niche topic hubs on my carousel, although, they may have been there since before they were moved.

1. kenneth avery profile image81
        kenneth averyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

@ Sherry and Marisa,
        May I ask you both a rather off-the-cuff question:
        Is it okay for me, right now, right here, to say hi to you both?
        I felt like doing this. Blame me.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Good question.  I've never noticed, because my carousel features Hubs written to help other Hubbers (since they're the only people likely to visit my profile).   None of those have been moved to the niche sites for obvious reasons!   

However, it would make sense that they're removing the ones moved to niche sites.  The whole point of the niche sites is to separate them from the main sites.

1. Venkatachari M profile image85
        Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Maybe okay from that viewpoint. But, what might be your personal opinion? I would, for myself, want it to be able to be featured on my Profile also if it is worth of to be of some importance to myself as well as for the visitors.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Good point, Marisa; that was more or less in the back of my mind, though I did not think to check for other titles I know have been moved.

However, the list that came up seemed quite abbreviated anyway, given that I actually have over 300 total articles (probably 30 or so are poetry, though).

Nope:  Just checked; several ARE on that list that have been moved to niche sites.  So, I wonder why the most recent one is missing??  Hmmm...Time for the team to weigh in?

1. Venkatachari M profile image85
          Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Might be you published it directly on a niche site with an URL of the niche site. In that case, it may not appear in the HP list.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
            DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago in reply to this

That is not possible, Venkatachari M; only HP staff can move articles to the niche sites.  You cannot just write there, or move it there yourself.  You can only write on the HP main site.
            In any case, articles staff has moved to a niche site also remain visible to you in your account page, list of articles you've written.

3. jackclee lm profile image70
      jackclee lmposted 2 months ago in reply to this

My experience is that it should be fine. When a hub gets chosen and moved to a niche site, the original URL is still good. It just gets redirected by HubPages to the niche site. Both URL is still valid and you can use either one to promote your article.

4. Jeremy Gill profile image85
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Is it still missing? I often notice an article absent from my profile (even after being featured) for the first few days after it's published, but it always gets there eventually. So far, I haven't encountered anything to suggest being on a niche site would prevent it from appearing.

2. Blogging Momma profile image84
    Blogging Mommaposted 2 months ago

Exactly half of my articles have been moved to niche sites but they are all still available on my carousel.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 2 months ago

I can still pick the ones I want to feature and some are on niche sites.

working