jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

A Question of Niche Sites

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

If we had previously linked two articles together, and one of them is subsequently moved to a niche site, will there be a redirect, or do we have to adjust that manually, or eliminate the link altogether?

1. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I believe the redirect is automatic.

2. kenneth avery profile image86
      kenneth averyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

DzyMsLizzy,
      I bring up this problem again: When our hubs are first set for designation, SOME hubs that I am about to publish DO NOT fit into any HP category . . so I just sit and stare. Can't the HP engineers do something for us?

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

This might help: HubPages recently clarified that if a Hub is humorous, it must always go in the Humor category. It doesn't matter what you're being humorous about.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
          DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Agreed, but it is hard to find. IMO, "humor"  should be a top level category, and not a subset of another.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
            Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I can see why they don't make it top level  After all, HubPages exists to make money and creative writing of all types - including humor - doesn't make money.  So it makes sense for them to lump all creative writing into one category.   

I agree it's hard to find though.  It's here:

Books, Literature, and Writing  »  Commercial & Creative Writing  »  Creative Writing  »  Humor Writing

I do agree, though, that there are plenty of illogicalities in the category tree.  I don't know why HubPages created their own instead of using something standard.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

There will be a redirect.

1. kenneth avery profile image86
      kenneth averyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

@Marisa, thanks so much. I really do not need to be sitting up at 1:30 a.m. and by the way, I voted for YOU. I meant to. You are good.
      So I will just plug in something that I think is Creative Writing etc. and it will not go into Automotive.
      Good.
      Have an EZ day.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, Marisa.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

Indeed--why would be be doing any 'commercial' writing on here?  I would presume that would be more like writing advertising copy or text for a technical manual of some sort....puzzling, indeed, given that promotion of other sites/entities/businesses is strictly forbidden here.

working