jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Is there a niche site for "Humor/Satire"? If not, could we have one?

1. Sue Adams profile image98
    Sue Adamsposted 2 months ago

I wrote a *satire on the state of human health today. I know if I publish it on HubPages it won't be picked for  Healdove as it is not scientific, nor for Remedygrove because it doesn't promise to cure anything. It would, however, fit perfectly well on a humor/satire site.

Have any of you got articles lurking around that would fit on a site full of instructive laughter?
    Do you think it would be a good idea to have such a site that caters for satire based on facts?

*Satire = the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 months ago

I would like to see that too. One of my satire/humor articles is on Letterpile, but it doesn’t get many views. I thought it might go to AxleAddict since it was about silly ways to save fuel. Maybe there should be a Funnybone niche.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image88
    Kenna McHughposted 2 months ago

My daughter is writing a satire piece for school. I have been helping her. I love it. I am thinking about writing one for HP. Fingers crossed.

4. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 2 months ago

One of my best pieces is a satire piece and because it's not on a satire site, people too often take it seriously and attack me even though it warns that it's satire in a couple of different places.  I think a Satire/comedy site could have some benefits for that reason.  I get tired of getting called names and being insulted by dumb people who can't read but need to be chronically offended by something.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image93
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I've had that happen, too. I, too, have resorted to putting disclaimers in some of mine for the humorously impaired readers.  There are actually quite a few articles in the humor section of Letterpile. Hopefully they will consider creating a new niche.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

THAT would be nice.

Keep this thread alive... I think there are a lot of writers here who would like it, and many readers are looking for a little comic relief these days. :-)

2. Dunbar Green profile image89
      Dunbar Greenposted 2 months agoin reply to this

"Chronically offended" is a superb phrase. You capture some Zeitgeist, I think.

1. ChristinS profile image94
        ChristinSposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Sad but true unfortunately lol.

5. Sue Adams profile image98

One of the most effective ways to tackle today's insane world is by speaking its own insane language. That is why a humor site would be a great asset for the HubPages network. A humor site would bring some fun and joy into the network and  it would also help to expose insanity and thereby hopefully change the world (a little bit maybe).

Any Ideas for a suitable domain name?

These are available:

laughaudibly.com
    comedyly.com
    funnylish.com
    satirely.com
    laftop.com

Sub-categories could contain articles and videos on:

Political Satire
    Religious Satire
    Weirdst Conspiracy Theories
    Marriage and Relationships Humor
    Getting Old Humor
    Kids Humor
    Animals Humor
    Consumer Affairs Humor
    Crazy Fitness Gadgets
    Fashion Crazies

Any more out of my box ideas?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Satirely.com would be nice.

6. Sue Adams profile image98

Satirely.com would be OK maybe but what about other funny articles and videos that are not satire, just take the p**s out of serious issues?

laughabley.com is available

7. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 2 months ago

They've been putting my jokes articles on letterpile.

That's where they are landing, but Letterpile is too broad. Humor, satire and funniness should have a site of it's own. I have an article about "writing humor" that landed on HobbyLark. -- Do they think we do this for fun???, Well, we do, but also other reasons.

working