jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Night Athens in Greece

1. stelaligizaki profile image67
    stelaligizakiposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Night Athens in Greece (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure your articles would do better if you took your own photos. Is that possible?

Or you might think of contacting a local photographer and ask if they'd like you to feature their work on your articles. I did that on an article I wrote about my locality. I found some really good photos on Flickr by a professional photographer. He was very happy to let me use them.

Pixabay is great, but using them for travel hubs is not such a good idea. If you are writing about your experience of Athens, then your own photos add much more authority. You actually live there, so why use generic photos that will be on many other articles?

2. stelaligizaki profile image67
    stelaligizakiposted 4 weeks ago

Dear Bev,
    Thank you so much for your helpful comments. I will try taking my own photos. Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Kind Regards,  Stella

3. gotinfo profile image82
    gotinfoposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Stela!

I actually enjoyed your pictures.  I know how tough it is to find stock photos but I felt yours were not only applicable but interesting.  My only suggestion is to watch for sentence structure. Under the capsule "Theatrical Performances", this is a sentence that reads: Besides, the theatre was born in this city 2500 years ago.  The word "besides" doesn't fit and is unnecessary.  I use ProWritingAid.com. It is a free (or you can subscribe for more features) self-editing tool.  Can check grammar, sticky words, readability of paragraphs, all sorts of functions.  It is really hard to edit our own work. I am lucky, I have a spouse whose career is in journal and he is an editor. So after I use ProWritingAid he then looks my work over. Also, what is "kifisia?"  Be sure to explain special words not common to everyone, especially to us in the U.S. who don't get out much. LOL!  Otherwise, you have a very interesting article going.  I think anyone who is looking for a place to travel will now become very interested in Athens.  I know I am. And since travel topics are popular I think once you feel your article is fine tuned you should see some decent traffic.

Sandy @gotinfo.com

1. stelaligizaki profile image67
      stelaligizakiposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Dear Sandy, you are so kind! I will follow your guidance. It was very helpful. Thank you a lot. Have a nice day. My regards, Stella

working