jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Worth Writing Maths Hubs?

1. eugbug profile image100
    eugbugposted 3 weeks ago

I've written just one maths hub that does reasonably well, getting around 200 views per day. So I'm wondering was I just lucky to pick an uncovered topic, or is it a lucrative category to write in? I've written a couple of physics hubs that get some traffic but not a huge amount.

2. cmiller0161 profile image93
    cmiller0161posted 3 weeks ago

When I was in high school, college, and university, I was constantly going from site to site that explained maths problems and formulae in a way that I would understand. I personally think it's worthwhile - your explanation may turn out to be more helpful for others.

3. Gregory DeVictor profile image97
    Gregory DeVictorposted 3 weeks ago

I wrote a math hub when I first joined HubPages. It is my only hub thus far that has not moved to a vertical site. Historically, it has also had very poor traffic. Over the years, I have incorporated some of the material from the poor-performing math hub into others.

4. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago

If someone is finding it a lucrative category, they're not likely to tell you because you'll only write Hubs that compete directly with theirs.  So my advice would be, try writing some more and see what happens.

5. huntnfish profile image98
    huntnfishposted 3 weeks ago

Despite my hubs being almost entirely fishing related, I did write one hub about how to solve a certain type of fluid dynamics problem that got added to Owlcation. It turned out to be one of my busiest hubs, however I don't think its makes much money. I figure reader engagement in ads and shopping is fairly low for people studying. I'm glad people find it useful though!

6. NateB11 profile image96
    NateB11posted 2 weeks ago

Interestingly, there was a person who wrote on that subject for quite awhile but they are no longer on the site.

I think there are still people who write on the subject here. But I agree with Marisa, people tend to be secretive about what topics are successful for them. I tend to agree it's not wise to divulge the info. It takes significant work to find good topics, giving the information away is almost like throwing your hard work, time and energy away and giving it to someone who can take away your traffic and earnings.

I also agree with Marisa that the best thing to do is experiment. Seems to be the name of the game.

working