jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon/Hubpages Program? Would you recommend it?

1. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 2 weeks ago

I currently am earning via the Hubpages Ad Program, Google Adsense and the Amazon Affiliates Program. Admittedly I don't earn very much with Amazon Affiliates - sometimes it has taken me almost two years just to get to payout. However 2017 has been much better, and I have reached payout twice on there.
    I am now looking at the possibility of signing up with the Hubpages Amazon program, to earn a bit more. However, I saw that I would automatically stop earning with the other Amazon Affiliates program, but it seems that you would earn more in the end.

What are your thoughts? Do you currently use the Hubpages Amazon program? Would you recommend it? All tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
      DrMark1961posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

It depends on what country you are now in too. I switched since the HP Amazon program puts even small payments into my Paypal, which I can then deposit each month to my local Brazilian bank. When I was using the Affiliate program that did not happen.

1. stephenteacher profile image76
        stephenteacherposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

how do you get HP amazon small payments into your paypal each month?

When I make payout each month, that small sum that I earn from Amazon is added to the earnings from the HP ad program. It is definitely better for me than getting a separate check from Amazon, which might take a long time.

2. Cardia profile image95
        Cardiaposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm from Barbados, but I've lived in Brazil (Recife to be exact) for the last five years. Heading home next week actually!
        So would you say it's worth it?

As wilderness points out, the Amazon earnings are better no matter where you deposit, so I think it is a good idea.

2. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 2 weeks ago

If you sign up for the HP Amazon program your HP links will no longer earn through your Amazon affiliation.  Other sites will, though.

But if you sign up, everything after the first day or two will earn the maximum Amazon offers because all of HP is contributing to the percentage you will be paid at rather than just your sales.  I have seen a considerable jump when going with the HP program and no downside at all.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

The HP program has always been worth it for me, for two reasons.

One is that my Amazon earnings get paid through HubPages, along with my other HP earnings.  I'm in Australia so if I use my own Amazon account, I get paid by cheque, which is in US$, and I have to pay a fee to bank it. 

The other is that HP's Amazon account has a much bigger sales volume than mine, so their program is earning a higher percentage.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 weeks ago

I have been with the HP program since it started, I think. One reason I went with it was because my Amazon earnings were doing well and HP  had higher percentages for sales.  I may not be able to compare them now since I haven't switched back and forth to see a difference.  HP has been doing so well lately, I'm seeing my highest numbers ever.

working