jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Fan Mail

1. Jessie L Watson profile image93
    Jessie L Watsonposted 2 weeks ago

I've had some very nice and thoughtful fan mail responses. I wish there was a way I could say thank you. I'm new to HP, is there a way to contact people privately?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi Jessie,

Welcome to HubPages! You can send private messages to other authors, if they have chosen to allow others to contact them, by visiting the person's profile, clicking Fan Mail from the options on the right side, and clicking the "Send [user name] an email" link right above where the fan mail is displayed. smile

1. Jessie L Watson profile image93
        Jessie L Watsonposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks, Christy!

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

You can send people a private message, but most people won't expect that.

I think you're referring to the messages people leave when the "follow" you.  Some of those Hubbers will have followed you because they're genuinely interested in your writing, (in which case the pleasure they get from your writing will be thanks enough).   Some will have joined because they're hoping you'll reciprocate by following them (which is a rather silly game some Hubbers play).   

Either way, I think the best way to thank a Hubber is to browse their Hubs, find one you can make a meaningful comment on, and preface that comment by saying something like, "thanks for your lovely fan mail."  That way you give them a concrete benefit as well as a thank-you.

3. Jessie L Watson profile image93
    Jessie L Watsonposted 2 weeks ago

That sounds great. Thank you, Marisa.

working