jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can you use affiliate links other than google ads and Amazon

1. DeborahNessmith profile image82
    DeborahNessmithposted 13 days ago

Are the only earning potentials for hubpages based on google ads and Amazon? I am an affiliate with a few affiliate sites and a fitness coach through a network marking company. I was wandering if I could use my links for those if they added to the value of my hubs?

1. galleryofgrace profile image80
      galleryofgraceposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Self promotion of anything you are connected to is not allowed. If HP does not get a share it won't float.

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Galleryofgrace, for the sake of others reading this, you've fallen for a myth.  It's fake news.

It's not true that HubPages dislikes links.  HubPages loves links if they are relevant to the main topic of the Hub, and helpful to the reader.   Just take a look at the articles on HealDove and notice how many links they have. 

People think HubPages dislikes links because they've had a few links snipped, but those links probably didn't meet the above criteria.

Adding an affiliate link is not self-promotion.  Self-promotion is when you add a link to your own website or to your own business.

DeborahNessmithposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Thank you. I will have to read up more on this. I do truly believe in the product I was debating on doing my article about. I feel that so many people can benefit from learning about it and how it can help them.

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 days agoin reply to this

A word of warning:  affiliate links are fine, but if you write a Hub which comes across as an advertorial for the product, it won't be accepted. 

Looking at your profile, it sounds as though you're feeling quite evangelical about this program, and therefore you're likely to write a glowing review.  That can too easily sound like you've written the Hub just to make money from the affiliate link, which is not allowed.

If you're going to review the program, then you need to present the pluses AND minuses, even if you explain why you don't believe the negatives are justified.

DeborahNessmithposted 12 days agoin reply to this

Thank you I didn't look at it that way. Thank you for all your help

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 days ago

That is a very good question.   Only a few months ago, I would've said yes, you can definitely use affiliate links in your text, PROVIDED you link to a specific product or service (i.e. not just to the front page of a website) AND say why you're able to recommend it from personal experience. However recently, I've had a couple such links snipped so I think they're becoming far stricter. 

I'd say, put the links in (no more than one per Hub) and see what happens.   If the link gets snipped, try putting it in again - sometimes it "takes" the second or third time, even if it didn't get through the first time.

3. DeborahNessmith profile image82
    DeborahNessmithposted 13 days ago

Thank you

working