jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)

Be Honest Re the money thing.

1. mandybeau profile image55
    mandybeauposted 8 years ago

If there was an alternative Organisation, that paid you to write, that gave you real money for your labour. How many of you would still stay with Google.
    I want to sit back and hear from all those out there that say
    "I would remain loyal to Google".............

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There are alternative organizations that do pay you to write and give real money for your labor. I also make real money from Google and Amazon.

2. Kudlit profile image74
    Kudlitposted 8 years ago

I don't think anybody here is writing for Google.

mandybeauposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am not confused or daft, I think we are all giving too much to Google........Alot of people are trying to make money and the Google thing is the only one that makes anything at all, because of its monopoly.

3. icewave5 profile image55
    icewave5posted 8 years ago

writing for Google? We are writing for hubpages..?
    Anyway, its not like we are professional full time writers who only want to write because they want to earn money.

Actually believe it or not we are all writing for Google, forget we enjoy Hubpages it is Google that is profiting, I can say I would write for free for Hub Pages, while they established an advertising system, that gave them the money they deserved.
      Google is a parasite.

1. profile image43
        CabinGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would write for nothing as well, oops I just remembered with my google earnings I am actually writing for nothing, well said girl smile

1. profile image0
          MangoGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not for nothing, but for us. smile

2. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Is it your new avatar that is influencing your thinking, or you picked this new avatar because of your new thinking?

no I picked this avator, because we share similiar attitudes. I don't murder people, tho some I could cheerfully lol. I love Cuban Coffee and don't think I am gay I am not, but I have smoked a Cuban Cigar. hahaha

2. LondonGirl profile image86
      LondonGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A lot of my work is writing for money, just different writing from this at hubpages.

1. Sufidreamer profile image84
        Sufidreamerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Same here - I write for a living, and Hubpages is a good portfolio smile

1. LondonGirl profile image86
          LondonGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not for me, wrong type of writing lol

4. Lisa HW profile image78
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I do get paid for my writing, but I still write on HubPages and pick up Google earnings.  I don't see it as giving Google anything because all I "give" them is ad space on something that wouldn't exist if I didn't write on HubPages; and since they pay me for that space I'm not "giving" it to them.

I keep telling friends and relatives they ought to do some online writing under the "Google arrangement", because after you write the stuff it just sits there and picks up earnings (some Hubs more than others).

My biggest earners are not my best writing and didn't take me very long to write.  Still, those "bigger earners" pay me far more each month than a lot of for-hire articles would pay me once.  It's a different "earnings set-up" than getting assigned an article and getting paid for it, but there's a real potential for earnings under this "set-up", so for the minimal degree of work involved, I think it's both enjoyable and worth it.

For me, it's a nice extra income each month; and I get to write whatever I feel like writing on HubPages - "win/win".  So, I'm being honest when I say that unless I just get sick of "hobby" writing, I plan to keep aiming to see the monthly earnings increase.  A lot of "hobbies" don't pay, and it's kind of fun to earn from material that's just "sitting there".  It takes time to start earning regularly, and the best earnings come from "really searchable" Hubs (as opposed to the "what-is-life" kind of writing); but you can do both.

1. Kudlit profile image74
      Kudlitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

5. Lisa HW profile image78
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I write for several, as well as any individual company who'll give me an assignment.

6. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

If it weren't for Google we wouldn't be here and wouldn't be able to research our hubs so easily without lugging piles of books from the library.

I go through bravenet not Google. or Yahoo, I don't use Google but obviously their ads are everywhere. But someone else could do it better, and fairer.

7. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Did I say you good night already? yikes

1. Sufidreamer profile image84
      Sufidreamerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol - I am going - decided to have another cigarette and check e-mails!

This time, I am! Good Night

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Mind you, I know the feeling tongue

8. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

To earn money i freelance. On hubpages i enjoy the freedom to write what I want to and make friends doing it.

9. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 8 years ago

I haven't made a nickel here yet so I guess I don't have much to say.  I'm one of those fools that writes articles and stories without regard to tag words or back links or another of little thingy that supposed to make me rich.  I'm happy that I my meals don't depend on this.

working