jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you unpublish a specialized hub, like for mother's day and then republish it

1. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Can you unpublish a specialized hub, like for mother's day and then republish it a few weeks...

before the next mother's day?

2. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Why would you want to do that?  Unpublishing it will cause it to lose all the Google rank, and you would have to start all over when you republish.  You have a 99 author score; I would think you would know better.

3. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

dabeaner  Thanks for the position on this question.   Believe me when I say that I didn't even consider google rank.   I think that your question to my question has given me an answer.

I do have this follow up question though, why should I know better if I don't know?   I find this very perplexing.   I have no idea how I should know something that I do not know.   Like I should be ashamed of my ignorance?

Maybe I asked this in the wrong place.

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

I would guess he is thinking about the newness bump. 

I think it is at least possible that it might just work for something this specialized and tied to a specific date.

However, as noted, any link juice it attained would be lost.  If it is unlikely to attain any at all, maybe that does not matter.

So, I guess you'd need something too junky to get any lasting love  but somehow good enough for a quickie burst of income?

5. surf traveler profile image81
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

LOL Steve. You asked your question in the right place.
    In regards to your question I hadn't thought of writing a seasonal article and then unpublishing it. I would think it is a good idea as far as page views within the Hubpages community, as it would be posted as a new hub and perhaps people would see that.
    As for search, yes you would lose Google search juice.

6. DonnaWallace profile image74
    DonnaWallaceposted 7 years ago

Have you thought about rewriting the article with a different twist? You could use most of the research you already did, but add more research, offer a twist, and create a totally new article on the same theme. As an added benefit, you would have two hubs that could link together.

Closed to reply