jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Losing Fans

1. jimmythejock profile image87
    jimmythejockposted 10 years ago

I have noticed over the past few weeks that I have been gaining new fans at a steady rate,I thank you all, but I have also noticed that sometimes I get a new fan,just for them to dissapear within 24hours, I wonder if it is because I do not reciprocate straight away, because I like an author to become a little established first, or if it is because hubpages are removing spammers from the site,just out of interest even though it is probably a bit of both lol.....jimmy

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

Do you reciprocate automatically?  Is that how it's supposed to work? 

I'm pretty selective about becoming a fan.  I get enough emails about new Hubs as it is, without becoming a fan of people who write on topics I'm not interested in.  Is that the wrong etiquette?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

not at all, I too am picky about who I call a fan. When you become their fan you have to see all  the links of their hubs and such if you just added fans as they added you you'd have a soup of things to got hrough everyday to see what you like (if they dont write what you like).. its not like buyig a christmas gift (a whole other subject I want to write on lol) you dont need to feel obligated to add them as a fan, some people just add you because they want to be able to find a particular article you wrote.. it would be liying befan them for no real reason, it breaches the reason they are called "fans"

3. Lissie profile image80
    Lissieposted 10 years ago

I seem to get some fans who have not published any hubs - so no   Idon't reciprocate until they at least write something - I dont mind new people doing it though Im a little bermused why !

1. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
      Kenny Wordsmithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

See if this helps, Lissie:
      In places like Digg, When I become your fan, I'm your fan. When you reciprocate and become mine as well, we are called friends. We don't have a friends list here, so to kind of welcome them, I become their fan, so they feel they have friends.
      I am a fan of all my fans, to show that I'm a friend, and have not ignored them!
      Originally, I used to be a fan of only those whose hubs I was interested in, like yours, but now, since it's only a little effort, I do this! big_smile

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56
        Jerrico Usherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You make an interresting point actually.

4. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 10 years ago

Yes, if we had friends and fans as separate lists, I would put the nonwriters into the friends, but I guess that's not very practical.

working