jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Losing Fans

1. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

I have noticed over the past few weeks that I have been gaining new fans at a steady rate,I thank you all, but I have also noticed that sometimes I get a new fan,just for them to dissapear within 24hours, I wonder if it is because I do not reciprocate straight away, because I like an author to become a little established first, or if it is because hubpages are removing spammers from the site,just out of interest even though it is probably a bit of both lol.....jimmy

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Do you reciprocate automatically?  Is that how it's supposed to work? 

I'm pretty selective about becoming a fan.  I get enough emails about new Hubs as it is, without becoming a fan of people who write on topics I'm not interested in.  Is that the wrong etiquette?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
      Jerrico Usherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

not at all, I too am picky about who I call a fan. When you become their fan you have to see all  the links of their hubs and such if you just added fans as they added you you'd have a soup of things to got hrough everyday to see what you like (if they dont write what you like).. its not like buyig a christmas gift (a whole other subject I want to write on lol) you dont need to feel obligated to add them as a fan, some people just add you because they want to be able to find a particular article you wrote.. it would be liying befan them for no real reason, it breaches the reason they are called "fans"

3. Lissie profile image84
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

I seem to get some fans who have not published any hubs - so no   Idon't reciprocate until they at least write something - I dont mind new people doing it though Im a little bermused why !

1. Kenny Wordsmith profile image83
      Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years agoin reply to this

See if this helps, Lissie:
      In places like Digg, When I become your fan, I'm your fan. When you reciprocate and become mine as well, we are called friends. We don't have a friends list here, so to kind of welcome them, I become their fan, so they feel they have friends.
      I am a fan of all my fans, to show that I'm a friend, and have not ignored them!
      Originally, I used to be a fan of only those whose hubs I was interested in, like yours, but now, since it's only a little effort, I do this! big_smile

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
        Jerrico Usherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You make an interresting point actually.

4. Kenny Wordsmith profile image83
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

Yes, if we had friends and fans as separate lists, I would put the nonwriters into the friends, but I guess that's not very practical.

working