jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the most challenging part of creating a hub for you?

1. Anaya M. Baker profile image83
    Anaya M. Bakerposted 7 years ago

What is the most challenging part of creating a hub for you?

The hardest thing for me by far is coming up with titles! I tend to change them at least four or five times while I'm writing, and am still never happy. What parts of hubbing, big or small, is the most difficult or annoying for you?

2. Joyus Crynoid profile image78
    Joyus Crynoidposted 7 years ago

For me the biggest challenge is finding the time to write new hubs, what with working at least 10 hours a day (and a lot of that is writing, but of a different sort!) and everything else.  My last hub took me the better part of a week to write, mostly late at night and early mornings...so sleep has been getting sacrificed.  But I do enjoy it.

The other challenge for me is coming up with good pictures that fit the content of the hub.

3. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I hate all the SEO stuff, keywords, tags, linking.   This is the work part of it.

4. FloBe profile image81
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I love the technical side of laying out the hub and finding interesting things to add to what I've written. The hardest part for me is deciding what to write and then specifically what to write about the topic I've chosen. I mull over ideas a long time before they emerge into conscious thought where I can actually write it down. That's what I love about HubPages...it gives me a chance to do both sides. When I'm not writing, I'm tweaking and then when I get an idea, I write.

5. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 7 years ago

The hardest part for me, so far, is finding and using images. I'm really not sure where to find good images, and feel unsure if I'm using them properly without infringing on copyright.

6. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 7 years ago

For me is finding the time with working and raising family (hubby says I spend to much time on computer!).  My hubs are very in-depth and take time to research.  The part I hate is proof-reading - I'm bound to miss things

7. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Caring. I write for a living with the intention of publishing stories, collections, and novels with legitimate organizations for large-scale distribution. And I'm beginning to get results. So, putting stuff up on Hubpages for free is really just a way for me to unwind, meaning I don't really worry or care that much about it.

8. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

Coming up with topics that interest me that aren't needed published elsewhere. smile

9. smcopywrite profile image27
    smcopywriteposted 7 years ago

getting my title just right. i struggle with the title. i want to make sure that the title covers my content, write the shortest possible title, drive a reader to my hub and it stands outs from the crowd.

working