jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you tell all your friends that you write on HubPages?

1. EinsFloW profile image63
    EinsFloWposted 7 years ago

Do you tell all your friends that you write on HubPages?

2. Jillian Barclay profile image80
    Jillian Barclayposted 7 years ago

Yes, because I want them to read what I have written. They all have a link to my profile and they even click on ads that they are interested in.

3. Boogr profile image67
    Boogrposted 7 years ago

Yes! It's a good way to get traffic and some constructive criticism!

4. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I do - but for the most part, I don't think too many of them are too interested.   LOL  Some may have had taken a quick look here or there.  Others have made it clear they "don't spend time on the Internet" (my friends tend to be middle-aged women who only use their computers to check e.mail or shop).  It's fine.  I don't care who reads what I write.   smile  I do suspect a person or two may read but not say they do.   (Maybe I should write a Hub about each and every one who indicates no interest - and name names.   LOL    Or course, it wouldn't matter anyway.  Nobody would see it.   LOL)

5. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

Yes, I do but I doubt any of them ever read it.

It goes like this, most of my friends are allergic to reading so I could be the best author in the world and they would still not care, lol. smile

6. megmccormick profile image72
    megmccormickposted 7 years ago

Yes I do through email and post on FaceBook. Although like many of the respondents only a few of them ever go read something I've written.  Do you think our friends take us for granted?

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

No.....but I should start, then again they may already know

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I tell freinds and family they all enjoy the fact that iam doing something with my time that is productive and betters me as a writter

9. profile image0
    Adam Rposted 7 years ago

Sure do. Most of them just give me an odd look or nod their head. But it's all good I enjoy doing what I do.

10. Don Ship profile image79
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

I didn't tell any of them. Lol. I thought they'll spam a lot in it, so yeah!

11. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 7 years ago

Many of my friends and family do not care about online stuff. My family knows I write on hubpages but could not care less.

How about you?

12. moonjuice profile image54
    moonjuiceposted 7 years ago

I don't tell them directly, now whenever they want to see an update in a story i've made, I just paste the link.

13. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Most of them are aware and they seem to think it is neat but few of them are willing to take the time to read any of it.  For the most part I find there are far more "non-readers" in the world than "readers" thus maybe one in ten of my friends might read something I have written on the hub.  It is much easier to gain support from fellow hubbers who are already interested in both reading and writing when they show up on the hub. WB

working