jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

My hubs of poetry don't seem to be drawing attention. I need tips on drawing rea

1. gg.zaino profile image83
    gg.zainoposted 7 years ago

My hubs of poetry don't seem to be drawing attention. I need tips on drawing readers in.

ie: what is the proper category and what are the components of a good  title, what information needs to be included in describing content?
    thanx ~ greg.zaino

2. shazwellyn profile image56
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

I wrote a series of hubs about creative writing and SEO, they might help:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-SEO-Onli … ve-Writing

http://hubpages.com/hub/Online-Creative … ck-Linking

I focus in on stories, but the rules also apply to poetry.

Hope these help get you on the right track!

3. profile image31
    Sunrahposted 7 years ago

I suggest that you bookmark your poetry by submitting your links as bookmarks on Xomba. Xomba readers tend to read more poetry.

4. mandyf profile image66
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

add as many tags as possible link your hubs to other hibs, group your hubs.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image76
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Poetry and creative writing pieces are never great crowd pullers in the web. Sites that offer upfront money for your writing (like Helium) do not offer any payment for poetry or creative writing pieces. Reason? Vistors are too few. Advertisers are not interested.

Internet is essentially a place for information seekers.

6. Dangazzm profile image79
    Dangazzmposted 7 years ago

Everyone else is right, people want information and usually not poetry and stories I am sorry to say. If it is your passion though, try to build up a fan base and that will cause your traffic to go up, but your earning will not as like everyone else has said advertisers don't really want your creative pieces.

A good title is something that entices the reader and yet is easy for search engines to know what it is about so they can send you traffic, I always use my first paragraph to describe what I am about to say or give some information about it. This is also what the search engines usually use for their description of your page so its a win win situation.

Hopefully that helps, but the best thing for what you are trying to accomplish is to get social, twitter ETC and get some people who like what you do and get them reading your regular publishings. Good luck I hope you get what you want!

7. fxdaddy profile image60
    fxdaddyposted 7 years ago

Working on the title is probably half the battle.  You need to have a title that will create enough interest that people will click on the link.  This may mean 'selling out' a little and being a little sensational, but it is the best way to get attention, in my opinion.

8. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Same here.  I don't usually write poetry but I published one just to try it out and it's one of my lowest rated hubs.  Only my friends read it I guess.  I notice too that there were fewer ads on my poem.  So there you go.. if your purpose is just to publish your poetry, then maybe you should follow your fellow poets.  I notice reading other's poetry hubs that they have lots of followers.  So there are poetry lovers here.  My advice is read other poets' post and follow them or be a fan.. that usually get their attention and read your work as well and maybe become a fan of yours too.  Another is check out who are leaving them comments, be a follower of those too and they might get curious about your hubs as well and read your poems.  Now if I can have time to follow my own advice, then my lonely poem might get some traffic too.  But I'm busy doing the "30 hubs in 30 days" challenge and I only got 4 days to go and I'm all stressed out.  I need 4 hubs in 4 days.. wish me luck!

I hope I helped a little. Best of luck.

Have a nice day!

9. barbergirl28 profile image76
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

If you want to get exposure to your poetry, try going to the forum and chatting with others who are interested in poetry. I know I came across a fellow poetry writer by his use of the forum. I went to read his stuff and apparently it got him a lot of attention. I had it set to follow his hubs comments and my phone was dinging off the hook!
    Another option is when you right a new poem, make sure to link your older poetry to the new hub. If the reader likes what they see, they might follow the link to your other poetry causing you increased traffic.
    Unfortunately though, poetry is not well sought. It takes a special crowd of people, but when you find them you will have a true following! Good luck!