jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it permitted to make a hub that's pure copy/pasta?

1. Rabid Puma profile image60
    Rabid Pumaposted 7 years ago

Is it permitted to make a hub that's pure copy/pasta?

I see hubs from time to time that are just copy and paste from somewhere else with no added thought. I flagged the first one or two that I saw, but I looked back over the terms of service after I wasn't sure which box to check and I'm not completely clear on whether it's actually against the rules. Obviously copyright infringements are bad, but I'm not sure if these qualify.

Should I be flagging these, or should I just ignore them? Am I just creating spam for the moderators by flagging them?

2. mikicagle profile image91
    mikicagleposted 7 years ago

not sure but copying other's work is bad karma

3. Hammerj profile image60
    Hammerjposted 7 years ago

It is not good to make a copy and paste with other hubs..but their are people who want to do that..

try also my this topic..

4. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

I think there is a rule against copying other works, which will make the hub a "duplicate".  Obviously, copying from other places and pasting it as your own, is definitely a 'no-no'.

5. bogerk profile image69
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

Copy/Pasta? That doesn't sound too appetizing.

Just kidding. I think it is permitted, just frowned upon. I also don't think it is worthwhile since the content won't be unique, making it less appealing in SEO standards.

I might be wrong about that, though.

6. Chapter profile image39
    Chapterposted 7 years ago

No, Hubpages will lock your account if you use copy paste article

7. profile image51
    helene.blissposted 7 years ago

No, the content of your hub needs to be unique and not copied. Plus, you might get into trouble for using someone else's article.

8. bulalo profile image58
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

HubPage doesn't allow it, even if it is your own article from a different blog.

I'm getting  a reminder that one of my articles is a duplicate.

9. sarahpucci profile image60
    sarahpucciposted 7 years ago

While it is not permitted, I can assure you that many will try to do it. I would personally just ignore them because they will eventually get caught... and you should not waste your time like that smile

10. JT Walters profile image77
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

No all Hub pages have to be original content.  It is required as part of your terms of service contract.