jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does HubPages make money if on Google Adsense, it says that we get 100% of t

  1. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

    How does HubPages make money if on Google Adsense, it says that we get 100% of the income from...

    the adverts?

  2. simeonvisser profile image83
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

    Content writers get 100% of AdSense for page impressions but 60% for clicks. HubPages earns money from the other 40% of clicks on ads. Simply put, this means that 40% of the time HubPages is showing their ads near our hubs and 60% of the time our ads are being displayed near the hubs. That's how HubPages makes money.

  3. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

    100% of income from your share ofr impressions. Impressions are split 60/40 in your favor, without taking into account the referral views. Go to the learning center for more info.
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#impressions

  4. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 7 years ago

    sorry can you expand slightly. I dont really understand, surely if I make all of the money when someone clicks on the adverts round my hub then HubPages get nothing? When you talk about impressions, do you mean they earn the fractions of a dollar that Google pay your per 1000 impressions you get? As far as I know Google don't pay me for the amount of views that the adverts recieve?

  5. NoRR4Me profile image80
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

    Impressions are views. HubPages put your AdSense code on the ads 60 times out of 100 and their own code on the ads 40 times out of 100. If someone clicks when your code is on the ads, you get 100% and vice versa. The amount varies depending on how much the advertiser is paying, keywords, etc.

    Some Google AdSense advertisers do pay for impressions. However, it's usually not that much. Sometimes only a few cents per 1000 views.

Closed to reply
 
working