12 in 12 days perhaps?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

That will get me to nice even 200 hubs. I'll think about it. I'll be starting next week though, this week has been thoroughly exhausting and like a rollercoaster ride without any brakes to slow down on the bends.

And then after that I might do aim at a stretch of 60 in 60 days. Which won't be back to back challenges, at least not the way I've done it. I spend a third of the time researching, the second third writing, and I better spread out that last third with the publishing because last time I published 30 in one day and it was a bit too much for fans who were subscribed.

2. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

With the way things are going now, THIS I think I can do. Let me know when you're starting it and I'll follow you.

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I shall make a post in this thread saying when I'm commencing. At the moment it looks to be about some time after the middle of next week. Providing nothing crazy happens in the offline world.

3. PhilD41 profile image65
    PhilD41posted 14 years ago

Oh to have that type of time.  Regardless, I say go for it.  I am lucky if I find time to write and publish 1 or 2 a month, much less a day.  I realize we are all at different places.  Good luck on the 60/60 challenge when you get to it!

4. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Darn, I wish I can plan like you and do 13 hubs in 13 days for me to reach the 50 hubs. Unfortunately, my time for hubpages is kind of limited. But then again this might be a good time to push myself into doing it. smile

Good luck darkside. Hope to read about your success in the near future! smile

5. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I guess I can do this because I'm stuck at 28 weeks pregnant.

That said - my dad's over for a few days from the 16th and I'll be a bit more tied up than usual. Just say when smile

I'm stuck in a holding pattern at the moment, with an assignment I'm working on. I've got a list of the 12 topics I'll be covering, but won't commence them until I've tidied up this other stuff. Which might be delivered Friday or otherwise Wednesday.

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okey dokey. I'll write anyway. TY smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Frogdropping, I had a vision of you stuck at 28 weeks pregnant forever - but I guess it only feels that way! 

I love this new, gentle approach to the whole challenge idea!  I didn't like the first Challenge at all, to the point where it turned me off HubPages for a while - but the effect of this one is quite different.

I've never signed up for the challenges because I work to enough deadlines in my real job, I don't want more of them in my leisure time - but somehow it's catching, just the same.  I just noticed I've written 14 Hubs in the last 8 weeks. 

It may not sound like much, but consider that I'd written only 74 Hubs in 2 whole years before that!

6. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Given the assignment (one of several) I need to do for a course I'm currently undertaking, I'm not feeling pushed to get X done in X days at the moment.

Well not right now. I want to get my hub count up to an even 200. And THEN challenge myself. I think I'll plod along and get the 12 I need at a casual rate. As I have a flagship hub to do, a Capstone hub to finish off (the other 15 in the series were done in my last challange), and I'll be putting in an above average effort for a hub on Deodorant that frogdropping has encouraged me to do (I think she thinks I stink).

Though when I do embark on the 60 in 60 I will most likely work up a sweat, seeing that spring is now upon us downunder, and by the looks of it we're heading towards a hot summer.

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Frog thing. I can detect an odour from half a world away smile

big_smile

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

It's funny the way round numbers affect us. I'm at 186 hubs and I just want to get to 200 as well.

Especially ones that we consider to be milestones.

8. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I think even I could do twelve in twelve... I think. smile

I've been horrible at these challenges.

Did 25 of the 100, and about 5 of the 30.

9. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

I'd love to join you guys when you do this. I'll keep watching the thread.

Go for 24 in 24 and get an even 50!

Though I will say, unless a person is pursuing a challenge to get them to a desired milestone, 30 in 30 is a great formula. Provided you've published some good quality hubs you get to see a marked increase in visitors. If you target strong keywords you can see more search engine traffic AND even a step up in your earnings, which from my experience, can hold steady.

1. profile image0
        Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll think about it - but I know I can do 12 in 12!

@Gemsong...come on now, if I can do it - you can do it smile

10. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

I think I'm intimidated. Returning to my hole now. Far too many hubs to write. I can't do it. I'm too new.

I'll have a nervous breakdown now.

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I'm doing 45 in 30.....45 hubs in the 30 days of September.  I like doing things by the calendar month...it's easier to keep up with.  The 45 puts me at 200 hubs also.  I've published several already, so I'm on my way!  I'm also 3 fans away from 500 fans.

Looks like me, you and Nelle Hoxie will be joining pgrundy in the 200 club by the end of this month!

12. thranax profile image71
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

So, when are we all deciding to do 365/365? That seems like a truly epic quest does it not?

~thranax~

1. profile image0
      Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

um - 24 in 24 is sounding pretty doable after all smile

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually now try to write at least one hub a day. But I think calling it 365 in 365 would psyche me out. I've found I do better when I just take one day at a time.

13. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Oh... I think I have to go with the 1 in 45 challenge.   smile  Then if I write more than that I can think I'm "wonderful".  smile  "Aim low" and "dream small", are my mottos these days.   lol

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! There's something to the theory that the secret to happiness is low expectations. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)