jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone know if the number of views as stated in the account summary include

1. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

Does anyone know if the number of views as stated in the account summary includes the author's own

views. Or does that number only represent other people who came to view/read the blog?

2. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 7 years ago

The number includes your own visits as well as those of others, and there is no way to exclude yourself from those numbers...

3. breathe2travel profile image82
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Only readers not signed in under your account.  I conclude this because I can visit my hubs on any given day, and some of my season-specific hubs will reflect "0" hits, even though I had gone on it to check polls.  However, when others have read my material on my computer without me signing in first, their "hit" was reflected in the account. smile

For more specific tracking -- including geographic location of hits, register for a Google Analytics account.  It's interesting to see people from across the globe reading your material! Registration is easily accessible, simply link to your "my account" on hubpages, then choose "affiliate settings" (center column of link menu).  You'll see your choices for affiliate settings.  "Analytics" is the bottom of first group of choices. 
    Warm regards~

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Yes, I'm afraid that they do include yours; and if you spend a lot of time creating a certain hub, you can really see that then.  If you join and use Google Analytics you can get more precise data about who your visitors are, where they come from, what sort of browser they used,. . . .you can practically find out how many kids they have, what their names are, IQ scores, it's endless with analytics.